Chapter-6

Notes:

This is cross posted to my Fanfiction site under the same name as it is on here. A few things before you begin reading. Ash is older at the start of his journey than in cannon. He is 16 years of age. Ash will be a bottom in his relationships. He will also capture pokemon he had not during the cannon episodes. He will know or be taught how to use Aura since I feel like they really failed in using it to its potential in the episodes. If there are anymore details I'll be sure to address them as they come up.

Main Pairing: AshxPaul

Side pairing: AshxGary (One sided on Gary's part)

Rating: M (to be safe)

Disclaimer: I do not own pokemon it belongs to Game Freak, Nintendo, Creatures, The Pokemon Company, etc, nor do I write this for profit. This is for entertainment use only.

Enjoy! And don't forget to leave a review!

I do want to thank everyone who has left a review so far!Ash looked at the purple haired teen in confusion after comprehending the words that came out of his mouth. Traveling companion? Him?

"Um I actually have something to do before I can continue on my journey," Ash said softly as he looked down at his pokémon, his Pikachu was wide awake, but Nidoran and Sandile were both still fast asleep, "Maybe after I'm finished doing what I need to do."

Paul looked at Ash with a raised brow in question, but when he didn't receive an answer as to what the dark haired teen needed to do he just nodded and went to leave the room. Ash just sat there and watched the larger teen reach for the door knob. "Wait!" Ash said before Paul could walk out of the room.

"What?" Paul asked turning back towards Ash.

Ash bit his number and cleared his throat before asking, "Can I at least have your number? You know for when I'm done?" The silence in the room that followed the question was thick enough that it could have been cut with a knife, but instead it was cut by one simple word.

"Okay."

Ash gave Paul a small smile before giving him his Xtransceiver so he could add the number. He thanked the larger teen before he left and held his device in clenched hands. Letting out a deep breath he placed it to the side on a table before slowly getting up. His side thankfully wasn't giving him much pain as he shuffled his way to the bathroom to empty himself.

After he was back on his bed he fell asleep under the comfortable weights of his pokémon.

The journey back to Pewter was uneventful, but it was something new since he couldn't remember the trip to Cerulean in the first place. He was told before he left the city by his doctor that there was a shortcut between Cerulean and Pewter if he didn't want to go through the mountain again, but he wasn't too fazed by what had happened. He still had nightmares, don't get him wrong, he was still terrified that a loaded gun had been pulled on him.

He had quickly gotten to the mountain and onto the route he needed to get on to get to Rota. He did double check his bag before he left the hospital and to his relief the package was still in his bag and not tampered with. He did call Oak and told him what had happened and the older man told him that he would let the League know and then asked him not to cross paths with the group again. They were dangerous.

He with Oak hadn't told him that. It only made his nightmares worse.

He was lost in thought as he walked with Nidoran and Sandile beside him and Pikachu asleep in his jackets hood so he didn't notice that someone was running his direction. Sandile let out a hiss as the figure got closer.