"Oh my god! We have all the same classes! And some of our other friends are in most of your classes too, so you'll get to meet a few of them before lunch! The three of us have biology with Emilio next, then art with Bella. At lunch you'll only need to be introduced to Luke."

I give Maya a genuine smile.

I've never gave anyone a genuine smile.

The rest of the English lesson, Maya, Atlas and I get to know each other a bit better whilst working on our group task.

Maya tells me how she has an older sister called Mia, who's a couple of grades above us. Whilst Atlas has an older brother named Elliot, who's a senior.

I tell them about Jack and how he's a few grades above us as well.

They ask more questions, more so about where I moved from and what my old school was like. I hesitantly tell them that this is the first time I've ever attended school, which elates a gasp from them both.

To cover up why this is my first time in an actual school, I just tell my friends I've been home schooled as my parents didn't think school was safe. Not that being with them is any more safe, but my new friends don't need to know that. Thankfully, they don't ask too many questions about me being home schooled.

The bell rang signalling English was now over and it's time for biology. I'm glad I have Maya and Atlas, they've eased some of my anxiety not all of it, but at least I can breathe without feeling as though my lungs are burning.

As we walk along the corridors toward Biology, Maya is currently telling me about Emilio and what he's like. I'm really excited to meet him. Yep excited, not nervous, if he's like Atlas and Maya there's no need for me to worry.

Emilio is apparently the joker of the group, he loves to play pranks on everyone, he's a hugger so I've to be prepared, Emilio being a hugger actually makes me happier, I've never had a hug.

I would really like a hug.

As we continue our way along the tiled floor of the long white hallway, rows upon rows of light blue lockers at either side of us, I notice the stares.

Everyone is still staring at me, I can feel my breathing pick up, my palms start to sweat, I'm losing my grip on reality.

Cmon Lily, breathe, inhale, exhale, breathe.

I feel an arm around my shoulder and look to up at the owner of said arm. Atlas smiles down at me dimples and all, the arm around my shoulder never moving, if anything his grip tightens as he pulls me into his side and starts to whisper soothing words in my ear.

"Ignore them Lily, you've got this, you're fine."

How did he know?

Atlas continues with the soothing words until my breathing starts getting back to normal. He gently rubs his palms down the sides of my arms. Don't flinch. It takes everything in me not to flinch from his touch. Not because I'm scared, no. I feel something, but not scared. I can't understand my emotions when fear is all I've ever felt. My arms are still badly bruised from two days ago when we moved here, hence why I'm trying not to flinch.

Atlas turns to me again and looks me in the eyes. I can't make out the emotion he's looking at me with. It's not anger? It's not disgust? It's not hatred? Is it... could it be, concern? Maybe I'm just imagining it. I understand Atlas and Maya said they're my friends now and that I can join their friend group, but surely they wouldn't care about me so soon.

Would they?

"You good now, Lily? Just ignore them. We never get new students, so your brother is probably getting the same amount of attention. Plus you've got a really familiar face. I know that sounds stupid, but you do. Maybe we've met before?"