"Riley! Watch out!" John B shouted.

    Four figures ran out into the street and skidded to a halt, looking at our friends in shock as they looked at us with mixed emotions.

    "Get in! Get in!" I shouted to them as they all piled in to fit, Pope and JJ started pushing because of the extra weight.

    "Push!" JJ told Pope as the cart started moving forward.

    "Pedal faster, Riely!" John B shouted.

    "Do you wanna drive this thing?!" I shouted back at my brother, peddling faster as JJ and Pope hoisted themselves onto the cart.

    "Hey! Stop! Thieves!" The fancy-pants man shouted, waving his fist at us.

    "Try and catch us then!" I shouted back as we sped down a hill.

———

We parked at the dock near the swamp and Kiara, KeKe, and Sarah all went to get some food as me, John B, JJ, and Pope stayed behind and relaxed on the boat.

    "Hey, Hot Shot. Where's my hug?" I asked JJ once he finished giving my brother a big hug.

    JJ turned to me and smiled, walking over and scooping me up in his arms, hugging me tightly and sitting back on the dock, pulling me into his chest and wrapping his arms around me, resting his chin on my shoulder.

    "I missed you so much, darling." He said, lacing our fingers together.

    "I missed you too, JJ." I replied, leaning back into his chest. "You smell good. Like home."

    "I'm glad you think so. Hey, I got news to tell you." He said.

    "What's that?"

    "Kiara and Pope are officially an item." He answered.

    "Really? I missed that? Dang it." I whined.

    Pope smiled at me. "You didn't miss much, Ri. She's just confusing most of the time."

    "Hey, man, women are just not consistent with what they want." JJ said.

    "Hey!" I looked back at him and smacked his knee lightly. "I'm always consistent when it comes to you: cuddles."

    JJ chuckled and brushed his lips against my cheek. "Besides you, darling."

    I smiled and looked back at Pope. "Never take female advice from JJ. That's why I'm here."

    "What's the deal with this Limbrey chick? You think she knew our dad?" John B asked.

    "I don't know. But I do think she has information that could exonerate you two." Pope answered.

    "That'd be ideal." I said.

    "Not to throw a money wrench in the entire thing, but she did just try to kidnap you." JJ reminded Pope. "How many times do I gotta say this?"

    "Here we go again." John B said with a sigh.

    JJ looked at his friend for a moment before talking. "Why don't we just go to—"

    I turned around in JJ's arms and silenced him with a kiss, my hand resting on his cheek as I pulled back.

    "What was that for? Not that I didn't enjoy it." JJ asked, a smile on his face.

    "To get you to shut up about Yucatán." I replied.

    "I'm thinking that's how you should shut me up from now on." He said, his hands brushing up and down my back.