chapter 28 • he wrapped his arms around me, his own body freezing cold

ابدأ من البداية

"me too." i interrupted.

"i'm the smooth, sleek, 4k tv, and they're the crazy shoppers bustin' down the door at the troy mart to just snatch me up." troy bragged.

"that is so true. i'm one of the shoppers."

"the school shouldn't be able to just take away our favorite tradition!" bella said.

"your favorite tradition. i've only been here for a year- oh my god, i've been here for a year." i said.

"you didn't notice?" sawyer asked.

i shook my head.

"there is no way they would take away tex fest. y'all are tryin' to trick me." sawyer said.

"sawyer, what are you talking about?" bella asked.

"tex fest is dead!" she announced.

"sure it is. or y'all are tryin' to trick me. cancel tex fest, you crazy kids. y'all are just messin' with me!"
he walked off.

"stage one, denial. stage two, get some bitches." i said.

"we've gotta get tex fest back. oh, i know! wait. maybe we could-no. what if we-" bella started.

"there's nothing!" i cut her off.

"the decision has already been-" newt said.

sophie pressed her finger to his lips, and newt began to flirt with her.

i keep forgetting that newt is, like, obsessed with her.

"okay, i say we storm mr. davis' office tomorrow, and let him know how much tex fest means to us, and demand he bring it back." bella said.

"i'm in."

"me too."

"fuck yes!"

«───── « ʚɞ » ─────»

"hey, can we talk to mr. davis? it's about tex fest." bella asked.

the woman shook her head. troy attempted to flirt with her.

"you do know your mom and i share a church pew on sunday's?" ms. fernandez asked.

"i did not. and i repent." troy said.

"if mr. davis isn't here, then why is the light on?" sawyer asked, as if he was a detective.

"that light is a sun lamp for his ferns, and it's on a timer." the woman said.

"you can do much better than that." bella said.

the woman leaned in, and repreated the same words.

"the truth is.. mr davis is actually.. not in!"

"fine!" bella said.

"but tomorrow, we will be in here, with the whole school behind us!" bella threatened.

«───── « ʚɞ » ─────»

true to her word, bella brought part of the school.

"bring back tex fest!" the students chanted.

"mr davis, we're not leaving here until we get some answers!" bella said.