chapter 27 • sawyer looked at me, smiling. he quickly let go of my hand

ابدأ من البداية

"i know you guys love getting scared, but you guys could end up hurting someone. like silas potter." coach said.

"who?" i asked.

"wait, that old ghost story about the groundskeeper? supposedly he died in the shed behind the football field, right?" troy asked.

"isn't there a rhyme or something about him?" bella asked.

"oh, yeah!" sawyer smiled. "if you go near potters shed, he will surely give you bread."

"bread? no, it's 'if you go near potters shed, you will surely end up dead.'" coach corrected.

"that makes much more sense." sawyer nodded.

"okay, enough of this. we should be starting to get ready fr the football and cheerleader camp out tomorrow night." coach said.

"oh, coach, can we help you set up the tents?" bella asked.

"no, but you could help each other set 'em up. i have to make a deposit in my new bank account. happy world savings day." coach said, leaving.

"i totally forgot about the camp out." sawyer said.

"gross. i don't like camping. gets you all dirty and.. dirty." i cringed.

bella looked at me.

"we could scare the girls!" troy suggested.

"on the field in the dark. oh, this is the scare we've been trainin' for." sawyer smiled.

they did a weirdly elaborate handshake.

"can we join you guys?" bella asked.

"bells, you guys just aren't good at scaring." sawyer admitted.

"cherry and i can be good scarers!" bella defended.

"oh hell no. i'm out." i raised my hands, leaving.

«───── « ʚɞ » ─────»

"i'm not scared of vampires." i scoffed.

"i know, but that's what i told the boys." bella explained her idea to us.

the boys were trying to scare us at the camp out by using our fears against us, but the fears bella had told them were fake.

we met up at the camp out, and we all grouped together when the cheerleading coach blew her whistle.

"before we get started with our camp our activities, did everyone turn in their cell phones to coach?" she asked.

"coach, why can't we use our phones?" sophie asked.

"because this camp out is about talking with your teammates, playing games, and learning new things." coach said.

"all things i can do on my phone." sophie said.

"you'll get your phones back tomorrow. and don't try to look for them, they're hidden very well." coach said.

all of the phones went off in his tent, and went to go change the hiding place.

most of the group went on a moonlight nature walk, while i walked over to sawyer.

"hey, sawyer." i said.

he quickly turned around.

"oh, hey there, cherry? what are you doing here?" he asked awkwardly.