Platform 9 And 3/4

Start from the beginning

Well that was just a few people, he was sure not everyone hated him, right?

He hoped.

All of a sudden the compartment door opened, and a person came in, and slammed it shut. Jasper looked at the boy, who looked around his age. The boy was panting like he was running from something.

The boy turned to Jasper. He stared at him for a few moments.

Will this person tell me to get lost too? Jasper thought.

Instead the boy asked, "Can I sit with you?" Jasper nodded eagerly. The boy went, sat across from him, and sat crossed legged on the seat. "What's your name?"

"I'm Jasper Odair."

The boy nodded. "My name is Harry."

Jasper waited for Harry to continue, but he stopped there. He looked at him awkwardly.

Harry noticed this. "You okay?"

Jasper nodded. "Yeah, it is just I am pretty nervous."

Harry nodded understanding, he was a bit nervous too. "Well, don't worry, I am sure you will love Hogwarts. What house do you think you'll be in?"

Jasper looked at him unsure how to answer, he didn't know anything about the Wizarding World, he was afraid Harry was going to judge him for it, like the Malfoy fellow. "Er..."

Harry stared at him realizing he must have been a person with two non magical parents. "Ohhhh." He said. "You don't know much about the Wizarding World."

Jasper looked sheepish. "Sorry, if you want me to leave I will." He started to get up, but Harry stopped him.

"No, of course not! I will tell you all about it, if you want."

"Really?"

Harry nodded. "Yeah of course, what do you want to know?"

Jasper thought for a moment. "Well everything, but what are the houses?"

"The houses are where you stay once you get sorted-"

"Sorted?" Jasper asked.

"We will get to that." Harry said. "There are four houses: Gryffindor, Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff, and Slytherin."

"What is the difference between them?" Jasper was interested by these peculiar names.

Harry replied, "Well besides the colors, it is personality traits." Harry sounded excited explaining about this. "Gryffindors are people who are courageous, and brave, Ravenclaws are wise, and intelligent, Hufflepuffs are nice, and loyal, and Slytherins are ambitious, and cunning."

Jasper didn't think he matched any description, he didn't feel like he was brave, or intelligent, or cunning, or loyal. He definitely was not loyal, I mean he abandoned his siblings. He looked down at his knees.

"Hey." Harry noticed Jasper's sad expression. "I didn't mean to make you sad, I am sure you will be in a great house, just not Slytherin."

Jasper looked up at this. "Why not Slytherin?"

"They don't take people like you." Jasper was hurt by this. "Ohhhh noooo." Harry said quickly. "That sounded really bad. I - I mean, you have two non magical parents, and the Slytherin house is full of purebloods, they rarely take people like me."

Jasper looked up at Harry. "I - I am sorry, you used a lot of language I am not familiar with."

Harry scratched the back of his neck. "Uh, sorry about that. Purebloods are wizards who's both parents are magical. Halfbloods, like me have one non magical parent, and one magical parent, and you a mugg-"