Part 1

Amelia's POV
I came home from school and I was just so tired and mom wasn't home because she went with Brandon to go to his piano audition and Mama wasn't home either I wasn't sure where she was I don't know if anyone else was in the house I got a snack and went straight up to my bedroom and went to sleep for a nap. Mama hates when I take naps during the day she says that I won't be able to sleep that night but I take naps anyway. I woke up around a hour and a half later and could hear talking downstairs I brushed my hair and started making my way down stairs.

Lena's POV
I got called by bill. He was checking to see if we could foster and new child called Callie I had to meet him at a juvenile centre because apparently she had a fight with her foster dad. I was met with a person called David instead though apparently bill had to go see one of his other kids I just found out that Callie also damaged a property of her foster dads

"I cannot bring someone violent into my house I have my own kids to think about"
David: this was a one time thing. Listen it will only be for a few weeks.

Callie comes out with a cut on her lip after she got hit in Juvie.

Lena: Oh, my goodness
David: Um, when the kids get out, some of the other inmates get jealous and pick fights.

David and Callie talks then Lena brings Callie home.

Lena's POV
The twins where downstairs when Callie and I came in.

Lena: Callie this is Jesus and marianna we also have Amelia who I am assuming is upstairs and my wife and Brandon is at Brandon's piano auditions.

Lena turns to Jesus and marianna
"Is Amelia asleep?"
"I think she is, she seemed really tired when she came in from school she didn't even check if we where home she just went straight to her bedroom." Marianna says.
"Okay I'll let her sleep for another little bit even though I told her not to sleep during the day"

15 minutes later.
We hear someone coming downstairs and the only person it could be is Amelia.
I scold her for going to sleep during the day.
"Amelia I told you not to go asleep during the day you won't sleep tonight"
"I know I'm sorry mama I was really tired after school."
*you turn around and see Callie and smile* "who's this" you said
"This is Callie she will be staying with us for a few weeks" Lena says
"Hi callie" you smile
*callie did a short wave and smiled at you*

Callie went to the bathroom and I decided to talk to the kids
"So.. where'd she come from?" Marianna said.
I chuckled and said that I talked to bill to talk to him about something and that he needed some place for her to stay.
"What where you talking to bill about?" Marianna says.
"Guess" Jesus says.
I then told marianna and Jesus that I was calling to find out when we could meet up with their birth mom. Marianna or Jesus didn't even smile. Marianna then told me she doesn't want to anymore which I thought was weird because she has been talking about this for months.
"Did Jesus talk you out of this?" I said.
"Don't look at me" Jesus said.
*marianna and Jesus looked at each there and marianna then told me she just changed her mind. So I left it at that.

"So did you guys do your homework" I said and looked at all three of my children
Marianna and Amelia shook their heads but then marianna gave Jesus a look.
"What? Why you gotta look at me like that? Just cause you get straight A's and don't have to study"
"Jesus everyone has their strengths" I say.

Stef and Brandon walked through the door. Amelia gave her mom a hug and didn't say anything to Brandon because her and Brandon don't get along well and she especially doesn't get along with tailya his girlfriend.

*No ones POV*
Brandon told lena that he made the finals and Lena was excited and happy for him.
"That's like a 5,000$ scholarship" Lena says.
"When is it?" Amelia says.
"It's tomorrow and you are all going so homework right after school, please?" Lena says.
Callie came out of the bathroom and sat down in the seat she was sitting in and Brandon turned to look at her and said
"Who's this?"
"Oh this is Callie. She's going to be staying with us for a little while" Lena says.
"Oh okay. Staying with us, um, nice to meet you" Brandon says.
"What about him?" Callie says.
"What?" Lena says.
"How'd you get him? 99c store? I mean, they have everything there" she says.
*Amelia and marianna share an uncomfortable look at each other*
"Um, Brandon is my partner Stephanie's biological son from her previous marriage" Lena says.
*stef then walks in*
"Hey honey" Lena says
"Hi. It smells great. Lasagna. Delicious, thank you." Steph says.
"Hi baby's" Steph says greeting her kids.
Callie notices that Steph is a cop and Jesus says
"What? Nobody told you our moms a cop?"
"See, this is why no boys ever want to come over" marianna says.
"As it should be" Steph says.
Callie then spoke and says "so, you're dykes"
Everyone was taken aback by her comment so Amelia spoke up.
"They prefer the term "people", But, yeah, they're gay."
"And he's the real son" Callie says pointing to Brandon.
It was quiet at the table until Steph chuckles and says
"And who's this?"

Steph and Lena's POV
"I tried calling you several times" Lena says.
"Yes, I know you never left a message" Steph says.
"What was I going to say in a message about this?" Lena says.
"What do we know about this girl that we're bring into our house, with out children? What happened to her face?" Steph says.
"She got beat up in juvie." Lena says.
Steph's mouth dropped "in juvie? Lena-"
" I know, I know! I know, I talked to bill. She's not violent, she's not dangerous in any way. This was a one time thing"
"Honey, we can't save them all" Steph says.
"It's just for a few weeks, I'm telling you, if you had been there, and seen the way this girl looked at me."
"Honey I know you only did this out of the goodness of your heart, and I can't get mad at you for that, can I?"
"Oh, mushy. I ought to, uh, bring kids home more often." Lena says
"Oh, please do not, 'cause any more kids, it's gonna be like the Brady bunch around here. And we're.... Definitely not the Brady bunch" Steph says walking away.

*no ones POV*
Steph and Lena are going over the rules with Callie while the rest of the ,kids are upstairs.
"Where do I sleep?" Callie says interrupting Steph.
"Excuse me?" Steph asks with a smile on her face.
"It's not my first time in a foster home. Where do I sleep" Callie says.
"Let me show you" Lena says.
Callie gets up and follows Lena while Steph sits at the table and sighs.
"Do you have a toothbrush?" Lena says.
"No, I don't have a toothbrush, How would I have gotten a toothbrush?"  Callie says in a cheeky way.
"Okay, Callie, we're on your side, you can take it down a notch, okay?" Lena says.
Callie looks at Lena for a moment and then nods and says yeah while looking down.
Callie was about to tell Lena about juvie until Steph came with some stuff for her to sleep in so she stopped talking.
"Good night" Steph says and walks away.

Amelia's POV
Marianna and Jesus where speaking Spanish to each other while I was just sitting on marianna's desk chair.
Mom came in and heard them speaking Spanish.
"Oh, hey, you guys you know the rules." Mom says something in Spanish I'm not sure was she said though.
"Ah very good" Jesus said.
"Gracias, señor" mom said.
Mom walked over to where I was sitting and put her hands on my shoulders and said
"Hey, you three know that it's not true what Callie said, huh?" She said looking at us bus we stayed quiet.
"You three are every bit as much out kids as Brandon is, yes?"
"We know" Jesus said.
She looked at Marianna and marianna said yeah and nodded.
Then she looked at me and I nodded with a smile.
"Okay" she kisses you on the cheek and kisses marianna and the cheek and gave Jesus a hug while saying
"I love you, my babies" and we all replied with love you too.
"15 minutes till lights out, okay?" Steph said as she walked towards the door.
We nodded and I went back into my bedroom and said goodnight to marianna and Jesus.