chapter 25 • sawyer simply watched as my arms wrapped around his body

Start from the beginning

"so, rangers, this is the starcade. my home away from home." troy said, showing around bus group.

"troy! hi, lover." i joked, hugging him tightly.

i stared at the guy, who was named logan, who had been rude to troy.

"hey! this guy here seems to be impressed with your arm." logan said to me.

"oh?" i looked at him.

sawyer looked from me, to logan, and back.

"but he's also impressed with this dump, so, why should i believe him?" logan laughed.

"are you any good?" i questioned.

"don't call this place a dump! my parents got married here." sawyer defended. "and cherry is way better than you at football."

"you guys look like an acapella group." bella said.

the group scoffed, and they all went to go order something at a booth.

"why do they group scoff? they all have to be in a relationship or something." i looked around.

troy joined us.

"so.. how are you guys?" he asked.

"great, just getting ready for the big game against you." bella put her hands on her hips.

"oh man, it's gonna be so weird playing against each other. what if i slap ya on the butt when i'm supposed to tackle you? or tackle you when i'm supposed to slap you on the butt?" sawyer asked.

"just don't slap me on the butt. ever." troy said.

"look, troy, i know everyone's having a good time calling you a traitor and saying you deserted us, but you know you're always welcome around here, right?" bella asked.

"yeah, there's always a seat at our booth for you." newt smiled.

"thank you guys, i appreciate it, but i'm a wentworth man now. you can fill that seat. i've got a new one right over here." troy said, and leaned against the booth.

there was no seat for him, and when he pulled up a chair, someone took it from him.

he went to buy them all smoothies, but they had left him behind.

they also left him the check.

«───── « ʚɞ » ─────»

i stood in the front of the locker room.

"guys, players coming and going is part of being on a team. the key is never lettin' it get to you." coach said, returning to his office.

"it's gonna be a while before we get over this." newt said.

"yeah." i frowned.

i began putting my extra hair supplies, make up, and extra clothes into troy's empty locker.

"don't put your things in there! it hasn't even been a week." bella said.

"yeah-" sawyer started, attempting to move them and put his things in there.

"too late." i interrupted.

"but-"

"too late."

"cherry-"

"too late!"

«───── « ʚɞ » ─────»