"Here's be Mr Harry's treacle, Sirs," an elf pops beside the table and places a whole tray of beautiful, beautiful treacle tart onto it.

"Thank you," Harry and Ron chorus, falling into their seats with small smiles. The elf pops away and Harry instantly inhales his treacle tart. Ron eats his share a lot slower.

"You're being daft," Verde compliments Harry oh so sweetly, "how is it that you're still alive, Master?"

"It's because of my hair," Harry answers seriously. "But you're right, I am being daft. It's because it's fun this way. I like going to see Tom and finding a dead body on the floor and just pretending not to see it."

"Sweet Salazar," Verde sighs. Harry gets the feeling that if Verde could, he'd roll his eyes.

"What's wrong with me just doing what I want to?" Harry asks, scrunching up his nose. He shoves a whole spoon of treacle into his mouth to calm himself down and the effect is instant.

"Master, you can do whatever the fuck you want," Verde says, "I'm just worried, Nimmy is worried, that you'll get hurt."

"Physically or emotionally? Because the damage is already there and--"

"Master."

"Fine," Harry relents. "I'll be more careful."

"And what about finding your legal guardian?" Verde asks.

"The papers should have already been here," Harry explains. "I don't think Gringotts is the type of bank to forget. How about we stop by there during the holidays?"

"Fine." Verde parrots. He slithers down Ron's head, down his arm and over the table to wrap around Harry's wrist.

"So," Ron voices when he notices that Verde is no longer hissing at Harry, "you okay?"

"Yeah," Harry nods. "Just got a question. Has Gringotts ever forgotten to send someone their hereditary results?"

Ron blinks owlishly at him and swallows slowly around his treacle tart. There are a few stray crumbs on his bottom lip that have Harry wanting to reach over and wipe them off. "Um," Ron blinks again, "I don't think so?" He tilts his head cutely. "That would mean putting their money at risk. And erm, Goblins are very territorial over their gold."

"Ronnie, sweetie," Harry teases, grinning when Ron's face pinkens. "Do you want to go see Draco?" It's the least Harry can do for him and his cute face and his adorable crush--

Ron makes a punched out noise and hides his reddening face into his hands. "Please stop teasing me."

"Sorry, sorry," Harry laughs good-naturedly. He's content like this, willing to spend his days teasing Ron and making Hermione question their friendship. Willing to have Draco hover around him like a doting mother and to have the other baby death eaters arguing behind his back as they collectively walk to class.

It's a weird concept for him; happiness. What does it really feel like? Is happiness seeing Draco muster up to courage to hold Ron's hand? Or is it seeing Blaise and Theo arguing with Pansy only to have Tracy split them up when it turns nasty? Is happiness falling into Sirius's arms and soaking up all the warmth that he can? Is happiness sitting in Tom's lap and laughing and arguing and forgiving things that shouldn't be forgiven?

Harry thinks it might be.

Harry wants it to be.

And so it is.

1128 words//unedited.

+++++
verde:...
harry: but i--
verde: motherfucker if you don't shut the fuck up right now
-----
harry&verde: *arguing*
ron: *happy and oblivious*
-----
that same day
harry: hey draco
ron: um hi
draco: .... u brought a hufflepuff into the slytherin common room?
harry: yuuuuuuuup
draco: ....
ron: ....
harry: anyways
-----
verde: there's just something about that man that i absolutely hate
harry: have u ever stopped to think that maybe it's because he has hands and you don't?
verde: bitch what did i just say about being quiet oh wait holy shit you might actually be right for once
+++++

thank you everyone for over 150k reads!! ❤🎉🎉🎉 and for the funny yet sweet comments. some of you are obviously on cocain but let's keeps that to ourselves, okay?

and just a warning that i probably won't be updating for a long time again, because guess what??? that's right. i have cancer (it's actually not the serious, but still) 🙃🙃🙃 ive already had a part of my ear removed because that's where some of it was. and in about a months time im going to have my thyroid removed, and honestly, fuck that.

but anyways, happy holidays and merry christmas bishes!! 🎁