"You don't?" He frowned a little, she was just this kind of shinny person, it didn't seem right to think about her as someone who wouldn't enjoy being surrounded by admirers.

 "Not really, I'm more of... Dios mio." They were finally out of the dark forest, the sun shined bright reflecting in the flowing waters of the river in a show of lights "This place is... Stunning, to say the least."

"I know." He shook his head trying to find a better answer as he took a seat on the grass "I mean, it is a nice place to think."

"It does seem like it, do you come here a lot?" The girl patted the grass lightly before sitting at his side.

"Not as much as I'd like to. But it does a good job hiding me from the people, so I won't have to read their future." Bruno hugged his knees.

"But doesn't this cause you trouble with your family?" The girl frowned, her tone wasn't mean or accusing, just curious.

"Sometimes, but people are just always mad at me. So why should I really bother, right?" He was trying to look like it didn't matter, but the question sounded more like he as in need of some kind of validation.

"You're right, you deserve a few breaks." She said, and when he looked at her, she was staring at him with one of hers soft smiles "But allow me to ask if this is your hiding spot, why are you sharing this with me?"

Why was he? He hadn't even told his sisters he used to hang out there, why was him telling a full stranger about it?

Except, she wasn't a stranger. He threw himself back, so he was now fully lying on the grass and dropped his arm over his face hiding his eyes. If he couldn't see her, he didn't have to be the scared Bruno Madrigal, he could be whoever he wanted and just tell her what he wanted.

"Well, you are my friend, aren't you? And, well, you're the only one. I guess this promotes you as my best friend, if you don't mind me thinking about it that way." He explained in just one breath, afraid that he wouldn't be able to start again if he dared to take a pause between the words.

He felt the grass shift by his side as Angie lied down. She took a look at the endless blue of the sky, her mind involuntarily seeing forms on the clouds that dared passing by her line of vision. 

"I would be honored to be your best friend, if you allow me to consider you my best friend." She said not daring to look at him, her hazel eyes focused on the few clouds passing by, without trees or buildings in her vision, she could just use the sound of the water and pretend she was back at the sea.

"I would really like that." Bruno said still covering her eyes, now trying to hide how they were watering, Pepa had always called him a crybaby, and maybe she was right.

They stood there for  bit, enjoying the peaceful silence between them. Taking in the new bond they shared. They had only known each other for a bit over a week, and now they weren't just friends, which already was it of a weird concept for both of them, now they were best friends, they should be the first person the other would turn to when in trouble, they should be the kind of family you get to choose having.

If they wanted to take the job the right way, it was time for them to really get to fully know each other.

"Mamá gave her last goodbye to my Papá by this river, not exactly on this spot but by this same river. That is one of the reasons I choose it as my hiding spot." Bruno broke the silence, finally taking his arm off his face as he spoke, now they weren't just beside each other, they were both looking up and staring at more than just the sky, they were fully seeing the same sky "Sometimes, when I'm here, I like to talk to the river like think I would like to talk to Papá. I didn't get to know him, and I guess this is the closest thing I can get to talking to him."