Chapter 2 | Ice Cream

Start from the beginning

He backs away as those eyes were filled with fear, looking at someone. I turn my neck by the slightest feeling a tight tension sting in my neck and see a motorcycle helmet over the person's head.

I see the helmet guy step over some glass and starts walking to the man, he grabs his right hand, and slides off one of his gauntlet gloves then the other glove. He throws it to the ground and grabs the man's collar.

"If you want to steal my bike and take pictures of that lady at the same time," he points to the ice cream worker. "Then people will say that you need to be in jail, but I want you to be in hell," he growls through his helmet to the man.

I turn back to see Rayne and see that she has a bruised part on her hairline. I see her glaring at the man that's on the ground in disgust. I ask her if she's okay and said she's fine.

I painfully get up, feeling pain shoot through my knee, ribs, and head but I ignore it and try to look for the worker. I look over and see her in shock, tears running down her eyes. Terrified.

"You okay?" I ask swallowing down a dry feeling down my throat.

She just nods.

I would also be in deep shock too. I reach over and grabbed her hand that was on the counter. She meets my eyes and I look her in the eyes.

"It's okay..." I don't know what I'm saying but as soon as I say that, she brings more tears down her eyes, that fall down onto the counter, I see her bottom lip quiver.

Two things that I would want if I was in her position...Is having a person by your side...And telling you it's okay...No matter what.

Telling me it's okay...Knowing I'm not alone.

She's young. She is around 15 to 16 years old. I can see. I see her break down in terror. I've known this girl for less than two minutes, no, I don't even know this girl. But I feel like I already know her. Rayne hurries over to the young girl and wraps her arms around the young girl. I let my hand go from her and I feel the warmth of her hand leave my hand.

I start to see black spots in my vision. I feel my face turn blank as I fall against the counter, feeling my legs go into sudden numbness but I feel hands slide under my arms, lifting me up a bit.

"Jay-" Rayne calls out my name but pauses herself as she sees the helmet guy lifting me back up.

I turn to see the helmet guy lifting me back and me being me; my legs go into spaghetti noodles for a split second almost falling down like an idiot again. But he doesn't let me fall. I turn to see the man, that was on the floor, being handcuffed by the police, I didn't even see or hear them come in.

"Can you stand?" he asks me. Wow. Holy Shit. His voice is fucking hot making me feel my guts rearranging. Shit, that's not normal, right? In short and simple terms...His voice is hot.

I nod. I slightly feel heat coming to my cheeks as I feel him move his big large hands to my waist that perfectly wrapped around my waist. He then brings my arm over his shoulder and slightly crouches down so he matches my height.

I see a lady jumping out of the ambulance as it pulls up and moves my arm that was over the helmet guy's shoulder and moves it to her shoulder and walks me to the ambulance. I start to get treated sitting on the edge of the ambulance and watched the helmet guy walk away and vanish as multiple people pass through, losing my path of eyes on him.

I see Rayne running towards me and I only hear muffling sounds from different voices from Rayne, the medical technician who was helping me, and other random people.

I wake up from my trance and the medical technician was already helping Rayne with her forehead.

"How is she?" I ask Rayne as she sits beside me.