Chapter 12

"Shadow Warp!" the black haired man yelled. Jellal tried to block it, but it wrapped around him like a snake. The guild master shouted out in pain.

Shadow sneered. "I have to admit, your tough. But to call yourself guild master?"

Jellal had the sudden urge to kick him in the face.

Shadow smirked and he felt the bonds wrap around me tighter. I had to bite my lip to keep from screaming this time.

"I kind of like that scarlet haired girl.  She's cute and tough. Perfect for the guild..and for me.." he whispered.

His eyes widened.

Not going to let you take Erza!

"Is she special to you?" he asked.

Keep him distracted..

"Why do you care?" Jellal whispered, shifting my palm upwards.

"She's a good fighter," Shadow commented. "But she's too soft on her enemies."

A little higher..

He gritted his teeth and pushed out the magical warp.

Finally!

"Heavenly Palm!" Jellal shouted, bright light shooting out of his palm. Shadow fell backwards, and the other man smiled.

Direct hit!

Jellal slipped out of the invisible restraints and scanned his surroundings. Ultear and Meredy where no where in sight.

He must have chased Shadow for quite a while.

"Heavenly Magic: Se-" Jellal broke off. A flash of scarlet. In the woods.

The blue-haired man ran after it.

~ ~ ~

I don't know why I was running away, when my new guild mates needed me most. I don't know why I broke down. Everything felt..like a nightmare.

I'm the one who caused it.

"I'm useless," I murmured, sitting on the ground. "I can't even beat Wind..I'm weak. How am I be an S Class wizard?"

I sighed, "What will Fairy Tail think when they realized I fled? What will Crime Sorciere think? I lied and-"

I didn't even finish my sentence. Anger began to boil up inside me. "Useless."

I clentched my fists. "I'm an idiot," I whispered punching the ground. Or at least I tried to.

"No your not," Jellal said softly, catching my fist before it hit the ground. "Nothing's your fault." he said kneeling down and pulling me into an embrace.

"I'm Erza Scarlet. I'm the Titania, queen of the fairies. I never lose a battle. Yet here I am." I whispered, burying my face into his cloak. "A pathetic failure." He hugged me tighter.

"Remember what I said?" he whispered in my ear. "With the two of us together, we'll fight to the very end?"

I nodded, and he gave me a small smile "Come on, I'm sure Ultear and Meredy are fine. Don't underestimate them." 

"I'm sorry, I-" I began to say.

Jellal silenced me with a finger, and helped me up.

"We're going to find the master and fight him together."

I nodded, slightly ashamed that Jellal had caught me crying.

"Just because you lost the battle, doesn't mean you lost the war."

TO BE CONTINUED