"Stay here!" He whispered, looking at her like she was the one who was insane.

Glaring at him, she gave his hand a sharp tug. "Let's go," Her voice very much showing that she was not amused the slightest.

The pirate nearly whimpered at her tone but followed regardless of what he wanted. Into their room, the door was shut behind Jack. She tried to let go of his hand, but Jack wouldn't budge, causing her to sigh. It was later than she even imagined and she was tired, but she knew she needed an explanation.

"Explain it to me very slowly, Jack. Why did you make a deal with Davy Jones, who by the way is real, and why now is he coming to collect his debt?" She make them sit at the table Jack had been working at what seemed like ages ago.

It seemed Jack's shoulders finally were able to release the tension in them. He slouched forward, still keeping a tight grip on her hand. "Thirteen years ago, I made a deal with Davy Jones. He would rise the Pearl from his locker, making me captain. In return, I would serve one hundred years of servitude to him." Shame and guilt coated his words and voice.

Catherine's stomach fell along with her heart. Throwing his hand out of hers, she snatched her hand to her being. "You offered yourself to Davy Jones for a ship?" She sneered. Catherine was beyond mad, beyond angry...she was pisst. "One hundred years of servitude?"

Her husband looked up at her with guilty eyes. "Catherine, I—"

"And you didn't think to tell me when I left behind my life to follow you? Or when you thought about marrying me? Or even when we exchanged wedding vows?" Her voice was rising, but she didn't care. Her heart was breaking at the thought of losing the only man she had ever loved.

Jack's face fell as he paused before fidgeting with his hand. "I was hoping that I would be able to deal with it without having to tell you. Take care of Davy Jones before it gets too far."

She instantly was on her feet. "You were still planning on lying to me? Hiding the truth? Not telling me that my husband is dancing very close to the waters of death?" It was a miracle Jack was able to sit through her raging fire. Typically, he was too scared to even look at her when she got like this. It was very rare, but this was the most cross she had ever been with Jack.

"Everything will be fine, Catherine, I promise." He got to his feet as well.

But as he reached out for her hands, she took a step back from him. "Tell me why you want to find this key. What is it for?" She demanded.

Jack hesitated,

"I'm going to fix this."

The pirate picked up the cloth drawing from the table. He showed her the key. "This key leads to the chest where Davy Jones's heart is. I'm going to find it and going to control him. Call of his beastie. Simple as that." He tried reassuring her.

Cradling her head, Catherine gave a sigh. "It is not as simple as you think, Jack. Everything here is being built on by chance. How exactly are you going to find this key? Huh? Tell me." She slapped a hand on the table and the other on her hip.

"I don't know yet. We just need to get on to land first while I figure this out." He shook his head, taking a step closer to her. "Catherine—"

"No." She moved around him towards the door, not wanting to be anywhere near him. A pointed finger was thrown his way. "You lied to me. You kept things from me. You broke your promise that you wouldn't. You are being reckless and foolish and idiotic." Her bottom lip wobbled and her eyes began to well up with tears. "And you may die." The words cracked, her lips deepened into a watery frown. "You blasted idiot," She whispered, sniffling as she covered her forehead.

Jack gave her a teary eyed expression as well, his fingers twitching towards her. "Everything will be alright. You have my word," His words were spoken very, very carefully.

She snapped her glossy red eyes to him. "Your word means nothing to me right now."

This made the pirate visibly flinch.

But she was too angry to care at the moment.

Before she could even try to calm down and be rational, the door was being opened by her subconsciously. She sniffled, giving a pointed look.

Since this had happened twice before, Jack knew the protocol. He gave a small sigh, nodding, slowly walking towards the open door.

She all but watched with her chin rose, trying to keep in her cries for moment longer. All she wanted to do was to hold him and kiss him, maybe even slap him for being so stupid thirteen years ago. But right now, she needed to be away from him, to calm down and try to thing of every possible solution to saving the man she loves.

Jack didn't stop to try to kiss her or even give her one last look. It stung in her chest and gut, but made it easier to kick him out with out feeling regret or even guilt.

Closing the door, she leaned back against it, crying softly, mourning over the possibility of something happening to Jack.

She had to figure out a way to ensure his life and follow through with his plan.

But the only problem was...she didn't know what to do.

Hi everyone! Happy Monday Update!

Phew, I didn't think I would actually be able to get this done today and in time. But I'm glad I did and am super happy with how it turned out. I kind of wanted to make their argument longer but I just having a bit of difficulty at the moment.

Anyway, I hope you all had a lovely Christmas/regular weekend! Let me know what you all did for the holidays this year no matter what you celebrate!

On Christmas Eve, my siblings and I went to see Spider-Man No Way Home together before dinner! It was my first time back to the movies since 2020! We had so much fun! I'm a HUGGGEEEE Spider-Man fan, fun fact! I won't spoil anything but it was one of the best movies I have ever seen! Best one this year! AND best Spider-Man movie of all time wow! And on Christmas I got to spend it with my family and just lounged around reading, watching Christmas movies, and doing tradition things!

But seriously...Spider-Man...GO SEE IT! I hope I can go see it again this week! It made me so happy oh my gosh. And so much fanfiction and imagines are fueling my serotonin!! If anyone has any good imagines or fic recommendations, PLEASE send them to me! Tumblr is typically where I do all my fan reading! 

Anyways, back to this fandom! I hope you all enjoyed the chapter and have a great day/week! Thank you all!

And if you haven't seen No Way Home...GO SEE IT!!