Chapter 5 - Promises

Start from the beginning

"I knew it, you're not an ordinary—" before Xiao Tian could finish his sentence Bai Feng continued with his persistent attacks.

I see how he survived all those assassination attempts.. But it's not enough..

Xiao Tian quickly ducked, avoiding Bai Feng's blade, then suddenly landed a sharp high kick onto the golden-eyed man's jaw. The cedar-haired man's vision quickly went black as he plunged to the ground below.

The assassin leaped off the rooftop, eyeing the now motionless beauty. Then he crouched forward and was about to slit Bai Feng's throat when he heard a projectile coming from behind. Instinctively the assassin rolled forward stabbing his dagger just beside Bai Feng's ear.

"Playing dead and ambushing me hmm~ how cunning." Xiao Tian hummed as he watched Bai Feng steady his stance. Being able to stand up after a clean blow like that.. Impressive.. thought the assassin.

Bai Feng glared at Xiao Tian and flung his sword at him once more.

"The same trick won't—" but the sword is now constantly aiming at Xiao Tian as the assassin dodged its attacks.

"Ah this is unfair!" whined the assassin as he leaped to the rooftops to escape the chase of the blade.

Bai Feng also threw in a couple of talismans to halt the assassin's movements as he pursued the jade-eyed man.

"Running around tires me out.. Why don't we fight fair and square?" the assassin suddenly dashed in Bai Feng's direction, startling the golden-eyed man. Then Xiao Tian grabbed his head and smashed it to the rooftop while Bai Feng grabbed onto the assassin's arm and rolled them off the roof.

The both of them let go of each other as they landed when Bai Feng suddenly threw a roof tile at Xiao Tian, which he of course evaded. But the assassin didn't expect the cedar-haired man to abruptly lunge forward and knock him down to the ground. The assassin quickly thrust his dagger into the man's abdomen but he didn't even budge.

Bai Feng glared at the assassin as his hands tightened around Xiao Tian's neck, strangling the assassin. The short-haired assassin looked up at the man, his hair fully down, hostility clearly visible in those golden orbs. Despite his airflow being cut off, all Xiao Tian could think of right now was how attractive Bai Feng looked under the soft glow of the moonlight.

It's unfair how pretty the golden-eyed man still looks with his hair tousled and blood trickling down his forehead,

"Finally.. You stopped moving.." the cedar-haired man's vision started to blur as he panted slightly.

It's been a while since the golden-eyed man had to fight this hard. Xiao Tian then grabbed his dagger and was about to stab Bai Feng's sides when the man suddenly toppled over onto the assassin's body. Xiao Tian quickly flipped their positions with the assassin now pinning the cedar-haired beauty onto the ground. But the man was already unconscious.

Xiao Tian didn't know what knocked the golden-eyed man out. Was it the blow to the jaw? The concussion? Or was it the stab wound? Regardless, this was the perfect opportunity to finish his target.

Although he was very disappointed at the anti-climactic ending.

The assassin thought that the swordsman would be able to land more hits on him, and stood against him longer. But alas, his objective was to ultimately get rid of the man who is currently beneath him.

So the assassin pulled out his dagger from Bai Feng's abdomen and proceeded to press the blade onto the unconscious beauty's neck. Xiao Tian was about to slit the man's throat but the assassin once more felt a painful twinge in his heart, abruptly stopping his movements.