Chapter Eighteen - Luther vs Astrid, Kent and Wayne

I sat at gunpoint in a LexCorp helicopter being forcibly escorted to the helipad for LexCorp where Luther was waiting on my arrival. When we landed i was forced to get out When I did the helicopter left the two of us alone onto of Lexcorp.

"Ladies and Gentleman, the one and only Miss Aria Astrid!" Lex clapped enthusiastically as he made his way over to me. "Humm, come see the view." he wrapped his arm around my shoulders and I tried to push him back but his grip only got tighter.

"Now the secret to the height is the building material. It's light metals which sway a bit in the wind." he began to blather as we stood to look out over the harbour. "And you know something about Lex Corp Materials, don't you Miss Astrid?"

"You know I do, so why bother with the pretence, asshole." I snap at him.

"Ever the feisty woman aren't you? Unfortunately, that will blow away. Like sand in the dessert" he thought wistfully going into a bit of a daze.

"Aren't you just the Psychotic son of a bitch Luthor" I retort

"That is a three syllable word for any thought to big for little minds." he rebuffed

"No it usually describes those who have little dicks and Daddy issues then try to compensate. Truth is your just a scared little boy trying to prove your the big man to Daddy's ghost. When my guessing is, he would have still thought you pathetic anyway." I sass folding my arms. I saw that i had struck a nerve.

"Next category: circles." he changed the subject to remain in control "Round and round and round they go to find Superman." he circles me then grunts

"Wrong category, boy. No, no, triangles. Yes, Euclid's triangle inequality . The shortest distance between any two points is a straight path. And I believe the straight path to Superman is a pretty little road, called Aria Astrid." He spun me around and I squealed slight and just as he quickly did that, did he push me off. I initially screamed, then in the moments before I was going to hit the pavement, I closed my eyes and that when I felt the arms that always secured me in safety. Opening them, Clark was there. He slipped one arm underneath my legs and the other around my waist as i wrapped my around him, we flew and landed safely on the ground. He lowered me to my feet so i could stand.

"You came back. You came back to me." I whisper then reach up to kiss him. Though he pulls away and I do to stepping back.

"I love you." I state

"I love you too." he shoots up and on to the Lex Corp building. I stood there for a moment then ran off to the main street. I hailed a cab and one pulled up

"Daily Planet please." The cab driver nodded and I went to get in.

"Aria." I turned on my heal "I have to go to Gotham and convince him to help me." he stated and I backed away from the cab and towards him.

"Who?" I ask

"Or he has to die." he breathed

"Clark." I start but he's already hovering up in the air ready to leave. I can't let this go.

"First we're going to 84th Street then the Daily Planet." he nodded and drove away. I made a quick stop before going onto the the daily planet.

"I need a chopper to Gotham, call the heliport." I call making my way inside

"Chopper? We can barely afford a bicycle. You wanna chase a story? Go to the ship. Superman is probably already there." he pointed to the TV

"It's not for a story. He's in trouble, Perry and everyone else is against him but we can't be them." I pleaded. He paused

"Jenny, get her a chopper to Gotham and to hell with the heliport put it on the roof." I gave him a grateful nod and ran off. "The roof Aria!"  I headed upward and there was a chopper already waiting.

"Where are we heading?" he asked as I adjusted the bow and quiver of arrows on my back

"There!" I yelled pointing to the bat signal across the harbour. I boarded and we departed. The weapons would be back up.