Slowly opening the door, Maeve can see from alone standing in the door frame, the blood puddle on the ground clearly visible. "Shit." The blonde mutters, walking further into the room. Looking around a shelf, she stops in shock. On the ground, spourrounded by her own blood lays Reed, bullet in her forehead.

Remebring why she was even there in the first place, she calls out for Alex. Walking closer towards Reed she repeatedly calls out Alex's name. Kneeling down before Reed, she checks her pulse, even though she knows, alone from the headshot and the amount of blood that the small woman is gone. Looking down at Reed, Maeve bites the inside of her cheek, thinking about what has happened here. She moved her hand to Reed's eyes, closing the softly, before getting up.

Looking back at the door, she hurries out, hoping that Alex got out befor she was able to get shot. Rushing te same way April went before her, probably already warned Derek, she tuns the same way. Hoping to maybe see Alex on the way, maybe he saw Reed too and got the idea to warn Derek as well.

Arriving at Derek's office, Maeve opens the door, but only sees a shocked April inside.

"April, shit, I'm so sorry about Reed." Maeve says, rushing over to the woman, hugging her. She was never really close to her, but nevertheless April just lost a friend and, saw her dead body.

"Dr. Shepherd, called the police-" April starts stuttering. "They said that they'll be here soon."

Maeve nods, putting her hands on April's shoulders. "Where is he, now?"

"He's out. He said he'll be right back." April brings out, gesturing to the door.

"Okay." Maeve nods, waking back to the door. April grabs her arm. "Wait. Where are you going? There's a shooter in the hospital."

Maeve nods agreeing. "Excatly, and Dr. Shepherd, is out there alone, I'm just gonna make sure he's alright, okay. If he meets the shooter, at least he won't be alone."

Running through the empty hallways, Maeve tries to find Derek. It is probably the dumbest idea she's ever had, running around a building with an unknown shooter in it, to find her boss, but she's got a hero complex and she isn't gonna let Derek face, if he should, that guy alone.

Finally seeing Derek running through a hallway, she calls out for him. "Derek."

He turns around to face her, eyes wide in shock. "Maeve what are you doing here, we're in lockdown there is a shooter-"

"I know, I saw Reed, and then April told me you went out alone. Which might I add is stupid. So I went after you, it's easier if we're two against one, even if the one has a gun." Maeve explains.

"I can't-" Derek starts, but Mave shakes her head. "I won't let you do thi shit alone, my hero complex won't let you go this alone. I mean we're not besties, but I'mnot gonna let you run around here alone. We're roommates we gotta stick together."

Derek rolls his eyes. "Okay, I really don't have time for this, you can come with me, only if you do exactly what I tell you to do."

"It was easier to convince you than I thought." Maeve muses, as they start to walk away.

Derek sighs. "I know that if I wouldn't have agreed, you would run around on your own. You watch too many movies, you can't beat the shooter. That's what why the police is here. They're gonna get the guy, and no one else gets harmed."