I Am Not A Freak

Začít od začátku

Jasper breathed a sigh of relief when she left the kitchen glad it didn't get any worse than a simple slap on the face. He turned back to the burnt bacon, and scrapped it to start a new batch.

Jasper was cooking when one of his other brothers, Ethan, came into the kitchen. He yawned, and sat at the table. He looked at Jasper. "Do you know when that will be ready?"

Jasper flipped a few pieces of bacon, and turned to Ethan. "Maybe in a couple minutes, where are Francis, and Edgar?"

"Sleeping." Replied Ethan. He started to chew his fingernails.

Jasper looked, and saw what he was doing. "Hey, don't do that, you know mum hates it."

Ethan stopped. "Sorry." He murmured. Jasper went back to tend to the bacon, and eggs in the pan. "Did you break a window again?"

Jasper turned quickly. He chuckled nervously. "What...noooo..."

"Well I heard something this morning." Ethan murmured as Toby entered the kitchen cautiously, and sat down. "You look tense." Commented Ethan looking at Toby.

"Well, I may have set off the smoke detector." Said Toby quietly.

"Idiot."

Jasper said "Don't call him an idiot."

"Okay weirdo." Ethan said, rolling his eyes. Toby glared at him. "What?"

Jasper sighed. "Can you please not fight?" He turned off the stove, they had enough yelling, and screaming in the house to begin with. He placed the pan on a burner that wasn't hot. He turned on the water, and washed his hands. "Don't touch the stove, it's still hot." He said as Francis came in the kitchen, and was about to attempt to reach into the pan even though he was too short.

Francis stopped, and went over to the table to talk to his other brothers.

Jasper turned off the tap, and turned to the other three. "Wait, where is Edgar?"

Francis shrugged.

"You share a room with him, is he not in there?" Jasper asked. Francis shrugged again. "Can you please use your words?" Francis ignored him.

Jasper sighed frustrated, and left the kitchen. His brothers weren't very keen about him - I mean he was weird, he broke things without even meaning to, and his parents always yelled at him for it. Told him he was a freak. Francis was just heavily influenced by his parents that Jasper was not normal.

I mean he wasn't.

He quietly walked up the stairs, careful not to wake up his father, and went to the far door at the end of the hall, and opened it.

Edgar was sleeping on top of the wardrobe.

"Oh gods." Yelped Jasper. He quickly went over, and lifted Edgar up, and put him on the floor. "How did you even get up there, you're much too small."

Edgar yawned. He looked around, sleepily. "Sorry."

Jasper chuckled, though he wondered how Edgar had managed to climb up there. "It's alright, I just don't want you to hurt yourself."

He picked Edgar up, and carried him downstairs, and into the kitchen where he walked into Toby saying "He isn't a freak!"

Jasper entered the kitchen slowly, and put Edgar down. He scratched the back of his neck knowing they were talking about him. He went to the table, and sat down. The others just stared at him, and Edgar was still yawning unaware.

"So..." Started Toby awkwardly. "Who wants to wake mum, and dad?"

"Not it." They all said at the same time except Edgar who was swinging his feet.