1.03

DURING NICO DI ANGELO'S NEXT VISIT, HE REFUSED TO TALK TO CYRA.

She asked him countless questions, but he didn't answer any of them. The only thing he said was that he swore himself to secrecy in front of his father- Hades.

Hazel found it weird that her mentor and brother became surprisingly close in the span of a few weeks. No one at Camp Jupiter liked the siblings, with Cyra being an exception.

Hazel adored Cyra. She looked up to her mentor and was inspired by her. But she couldn't help but notice that she'd been out of it the past week. Ever since Cyra returned from her quest to find Jason, she'd been more reserved than usual. Then, for two weeks, she was constantly tired and lethargic. But now, she was just plain depressed.

Cyra couldn't bring herself to visit Dory for the whole week. The thought of Jason not remembering her hurt. She knew it was childish and irrational of her to blame Dory, but she was sure that sight of him would remind her of Jason.

She sensed everyone's worry for her. Hazel kept asking after her, Reyna offered to take on some of her duties and Octavian made a sexist joke about Women and responsibilities (Hazel gave him a punch in the face which earned her a years worth of Sentry duty. Everyone applauded her and she didn't regret a thing.).

It was times like this when Cyra wished she had friends other than Jason. Reyna was a good friend of hers, but there was no way she would keep a secret that threatened the safety of Rome. Although Jason, Reyna, and Cyra were the best of friends, Jason and Cyra both knew where Reyna's loyalty lay.

Jason and Cyra's confidant; and Cyra was Jason's.

The white wolf still came daily, and Cyra gave him many treats for his constant travels. One day, the white wolf came with a scroll attached to his paw. He kicked it off, clearly uncomfortable with it.

Cyra picked the scroll up only to see that it wasn't a scroll. It was a piece of toilet paper.

Cyra rolled her eyes.

On it wrote, in very messy handwriting and many cancellations of misspelled words:

Dear Sira,
Hey, this is Dory. I'm writing this before Lupa realizes that I'm awake. (Yes, I used toilet paper, but it's clean. And apparently my sword, Riptide, can turn into a pen??? If I uncap it, it becomes a sword and if I put the cap at the hilt of the sword, it becomes a pen that I can use. Where did I buy this?)

Why haven't you come visit? It's lonely. The wolves are nice but Lupa isn't and you're a much better teacher.

I remembered something about my past. It's- No. I won't tell you unless you come visit me. And you better come with stories. I want to know what happened after you and your moms burned down your christmas tree.

This is the fifth draft of my letter (I'm so dyslexic) so please come. My hands are already cramping up.

The letter was signed off with a drawing of a fish. Cyra sighed. After spending two weeks with each other, Cyra considered Dory a friend. They didn't click well at all- their friendship consisted of Cyra telling Dory things and Dory cutting in. It also consisted of Cyra glaring at Dory while he gave her a stupid smirk.

She left the camp in the dead of the night, waking up the white wolf who looked surprised to see her. She hopped onto the trashy chariot and off they went.

The Wolf House didn't change much in the short time that Cyra left. Lupa was nowhere in sight, but her pack was still up and about. When Cyra stepped foot into The Wolf House, she was tackled by a tall figure.

She fell onto the ground. Dory laughed at her.

She struggled to get up in her purple cloak. The piece of clothing was long and it had many layers. "Help me, you immature brat."

He eventually helped her up, slinging his arm over her shoulders. "So, you finally decided to come, huh? Did my letter move your black heart?"

"I've been busy, Dory. This may come as a surprise to you, but my life doesn't revolve around you."

"Why not?" Was all he said.

He led her to a spot in The Wolf House where the ceiling was blown off. There was a blanket of sheep wool on the ground and they both sat down.

"I know that you probably have many friends in Camp Jupiter-"

Oh, boy, you don't even know, Cyra thought.

"-and you have many responsibilities because you are Praetor or whatever. But you're my only friend, you know. So, please don't disappear for a whole week. I was sad."

Cyra chuckled. "Okay, Dory."

"About that." He grinned at her. "You don't have to call me Dory anymore."

"Is this the thing you wanted to tell me in your letter?"

"Yes." Dory stood up and pulled Cyra up with him. He stuck his hand out, his smile widening and eyes twinkling in the moon night. "Hi. I'm Percy Jackson."

Cyra smiled at him. The biggest smile she had in a very long time. "Hi, Percy. I'm Cyra Andrés. And it's spelled C-Y-R-A, not S-I-R-A."

Dory- no, Percy groaned. "All this time I thought it was spelled with an 'S'."

"By the way, Percy," Cyra liked saying his real name. "I'm still going to call you Dory."

Percy laughed. "Just tell me one of your stories, Sira with a 'S'."

"It's with a 'C'!"

"And my name isn't Dory!"

It was only when the sun started to rise and Cyra was making her way back to Camp Jupiter then she realized that she didn't have to worry about hating Percy. The whole time she was with him, she didn't even think about Jason.

Cyra didn't know how Percy did it, but she knew that if she wanted more friends, Percy was a good start.

━ 𝙖𝙢𝙗𝙞𝙩𝙘𝙝𝙝𝙤𝙪𝙨 © 18/12/21