Ok, Sleep, she needs sleep. She walks over to the bed, but something catches her eye on Austin's night stand. It's a picture of them. Her and Austin at the aquarium. It was taken in the tunnel and at the angle it was taken it really looks like they are under the sea. She picks it up and inspects it further. Austin does not look as healthy as he did in the photos from the cave but he does look happy here. Austin had a lot of demons he was fighting back then, but he looked happy with her, he was happy with her she is sure of it even if it was for only pockets of time. She can feel a fresh set of tears fill her eyes. It's been two years, two years of trying to move on and let her love for Austin become a distant memory. With Toby she almost succeeded, she loved Toby there is no doubt about that, but there is no comparison. If Austin had been the one to get that teaching job in Mexico he would not have needed to ask her to come with him it would have been a given. She would follow Austin to the ends of the earth. For the last seven hundred and thirty mornings over the last two years - she had woken up still very much in love with Austin Post. Her head is pounding, she needs to sleep so she puts the photo carefully back and climbs into bed, falling asleep almost immediately.

~

Before Marli opens her eyes she notices four things. One, something is scratching her forehead, it's not painful or irritating it's nice, familiar. Two, she is encased in strong steel-like arms, she feels safe. Three, a light heartbeat thumps on her fingertips, fingertips that are pressing against a chest, and then four, oakwood and leather. Slowly she blinks her eyes open. She can see her hand resting on a chest, a beautiful chest, a chest that is full of tattoos. There are so many tattoos that they almost bleed into each other, even from this close up it's hard to make out any naked skin. Just above her fingertips, above his heart, is a little majestic koi fish, its tail long and made to look like it's whimsically floating in the water. From how close she is she can make out tiny letters -L.M- in one of its little fins. She lightly trails the fish with her fingertips, the movement causing the person who owns the chest to shift slightly at her touch, his breath hitching. She moves her head back a little and looks up. It was a chin resting on her forehead, the facial hair lightly scratching her. The man turns his face down to her and she looks into beautiful bright blue eyes, she has never seen them so bright before.

Austin.

Seven hundred and thirty one mornings now that she has woken up in love with Austin.

"You are home."

"I am."

Austin leans down and softly catches Marli's lips and almost as if the tender kiss awakens an urge that has been dormant and itching to bust within Marli she pushes up and deeps the kiss throwing her arms around his neck pulling him in tight. She then angles her legs just right and pushes with all her might, the force lands Austin flat on his back with Marli straddling him. He lets out a gasp and a breathy laugh - surprised at her dominance but she swallows the sound as she deepens the kiss further and grinds down with her hips. She breaks the kiss and sits up inhaling sharply, she reaches out to slide her hands up Austin's chest.

"This little fish tattoo. It's new."

"It's for you."

Austin reaches out, both hands grabbing hold of Marli's hips, digging his fingers in. He smirks slightly, "Please tell me you have lace under this t-shirt."

Marli has nothing under the t-shirt. She bites back a smile.

"I can't remember, you will have to find out for yourself."

Austin releases her hips and then slides his hands up her thighs and then under her tee. He raises his eyebrows and his mouth forms an 'O' shape when it dawns on him that there is nothing under her t-shirt.