<3>

Newt and I walked across to the crowd of people, still standing near the box. As we walked up, everyone turned to look at us. A young boy, who only looked about 12, ran over to us.

"Hi! My name's Chuck," he reached out his hand, and I shook it.

"Hi, I can't quite remember my name yet," I laughed a little bit, at the smile on his face. He reminded me of someone, but I couldn't put my finger on who.

"It's okay, you'll remember it soon," and with that he jogged off.

"He's the youngest," Newt said, smiling as Chuck left. "Him and Thomas are really close."

"Which one's Thomas?"

"Oh, he won't be back until later, he's out running. I'll explain everything later, but for now let's go see Alby."

Newt lead me over to the garden area, where a well-built, dark-skinned boy stood, overseeing everyone's work.

"Greenie, this is Alby," Newt said, taking a step back.

"Hey, tomorrow morning I'll give you the tour Green Bean and we can try and figure out what job you can do," Alby smiled down at me, I don't know why everyone thought he was so bad.

Shi... Shi.... SHI

"Shi," I whispered, my head starting to pound.

"What?" Newt stood forward again and looked at me, his eyebrows wrinkled together.

"Shi, my name's Shi."

"Well then, welcome Shi, to the glade," Alby smiled, gesturing around him. A few of the boys who heard you clapped, and I was sure my cheeks were flushing.

"Help me!"

I spun around, alarmed by the scream, and saw a boy - who I think was called Thomas - sprinting out of the woods, followed by a blonde boy in runner kit.

"What the hell-" Newt started, before running over to see what was going on. Alby followed, and I sprinted over after him.

From my distance, I could see the runner tackle Thomas, and they fell to the ground, clawing at each other. Gally and Newt pulled the runner off Thomas and he fell backwards. The runners shirt was pulled up and I could see a black 'thing' near his ribs.

"He's been stung," Gally stated, looking from Newt to Alby.

"Please, no, Alby," the boy cried out, obviously in pain. I couldn't help but stare at his stomach, and saw the veins being infected. Part of me wanted to throw up, whilst the other part wanted to look closer.

"Take him to the medjacks," Alby said, turning and walking away. Gally and Newt grabbed an arm each, and pulled him over to a small hut.

"Are you okay?" I asked Thomas, seeing he was still panting.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I guess," he said, trying to slow his breathing. He stood up, with some help from me, and I took him across to the homestead. "Sorry to be rude, but who are you?"

"I'm Shi," I replied, giving him a smile.

"Nice to meet you Shi, I'm Thomas," he smiled back.

A/N

Hi guys!
Just to let you know Shi is pronounced like "she"
Mmkay byeeeeee