My eyes snapped shut and I winced at the sound of the gun going off. I only opened my eyes once my head was lowered, trying to contain the fear that finally surged through me.

"I won't hurt you," Kian assured me. My face scrunched in pain when I felt the hot end of the muffler, then slowly looked up at him. "Not unless you give me a reason to. Capire?"

I nodded. Kian smirked and pulled the gun away.

"Good," he hummed. He turned, facing away from me. "If that body isn't gone in the next twenty seconds there's going to be a second. Move."

The drunken idiots didn't hesitate to scramble to his orders. By the time Kian walked away, there was no scene to look at.

"I don't understand," I spoke up after a few minutes of silence, "if your problem's with Lucian, why can't you kidnap him?"

That sounds so terrible.

Kian's lips curved into a smirk. "Take a guess and I'll let you know if you're right."

I glared at him.

He sighed, "You're no fun." He grabbed a chair and sat across from me. "At first I only threatened you because Lucian was being a pain in my ass but I started to do a bit of digging around and got intrigued by you."

I didn't give him a reaction but on the inside I was shaking like a leaf.

Kian shrugged and leaned forward, resting his elbows on his knees. "You're the full package, Amelia, and I can only imagine how much more you have to offer"—a gleam passed through his eyes that I didn't want to understand— "so why stay with a man like Lucian?"

My eyes narrowed. "And what type of man should he be?"

"He doesn't know how to get the job done," Kian responded with a twitch of his lips. "He thinks too much with his heart and it always screws him over in the end. You deserve someone who knows what he's doing and can get the job done right the first time, someone who can give you anything you want—"

"Someone who will kidnap me because apparently he's just as obsessed with me as he's obsessed with killing my fiancé?"

Kian didn't respond but I could see his hands tighten into fists. "Since when is he your fiancé?"

"Since he proposed?" I looked away from him and closed my eyes. "And now that his fiancée is missing and has been for I don't even know how long, he's not going to stop until I'm found. I don't know if you knew this but he's a bit crazy when it comes to me."

Kian didn't make a sound and I became scared of looking up.

"Boss, we have another inspection in twenty!" A voice shouted in the distance.

"Fuck," Kian muttered. He stood up and walked out of view, only to return with a piece of duct tape. I tried to move my head away but Kian grabbed my jaw and forced it over my mouth. "Take care of her, I'm gonna get everything ready."

My eyes widened and two men walked in. I looked up, begging them with my eyes. They ignored me and one of them grabbed a gun from the back of their pants, hitting me hard in the head with the butt of it.