[𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭]

The next three days nothing really important happened. Teresa and Newt had walked a lot and they grew closer and closer every day.

She became a better friend and more important to the boy every day. He was thankful that the girl was here with him. It would have been so much harder if the blonde had to do this on his own. While the two friends walked they had a lot of fun.

Newt and Teresa never felt uncomfortable. They often talked about how they could tell Thomas and Brenda about their crushes they had on them.

The boy and the girl trusted each other. Newt never imagined that she and him would get along so good. But she changed.

Well Newt did too in a way. The boy knew that she was sorry for betraying them.

The different places they had seen in these days were beautiful. They seemed all so peaceful.

'I guess that's because all of the cranks are in the cities and not here in the nature' Newt thought once.

The nightmare's still had not left the boy but he tried to ignore them and not to think about them. These nightmare's were the only thing Newt concealed.

The blonde did not want to bother Teresa with that. Every day he hoped that Teresa and him would reach the save haven before Janson and the other W.C.K.D people. He hoped that they might not even would be able to find them at all. After all they had no clue where the save haven was nor that this place did even exist.

The girl hoped the same. She thanked herself that she had never mentionned the save haven when she worked together with those people. He knew that the way Teresa and him took was the longer option.

But Newt was sure that if Janson found the save haven he would probably take the shorter way. And the route they took was safer. Teresa trusted Newt and his decisions.

Every night they slept on trees and it became more comfortable every night. One day when the two of them left the forest in which they had slept Teresa looked worried.

"Is everything alright?", Newt asked a bit worried.

"Yeah I was just thinking about some things.", she said.

"You know you can tell me everything right? That's what friends are there for", the blonde tried to encourage her. He wanted to help his friend.

"You're right. I was thinking about how the others would react when they see us. After all I still betrayed all of you. What if they don't want me there? What if they can't forgive me?", she explained. A few tears were falling down her cheeks.

"Don't worry bout that. If you explain them everything I'm sure they'll forgive you. You only did what you thought was right. And don't forget that you're not alone. I'm here for ya. I won't let them send you away. You belong with us. And I know I'm not the only one thinking like this. Tommy does too. And the others will do too. Just don't worry about it."

"Are you sure about that?", she asked still worried. Tears still came out of her eyes and ran down her cheeks .

"I am", Newt said and gave her a huge smile. She smiled back and after a few seconds both of them laughed again.

The bad mood was gone as fast as it came. Teresa and Newt were now even more motivated to find their friends and started walking faster.

Newt knew for sure that his limp would hurt later but he simply did not care. Teresa did. She asked him a lot of times if the boy needed a break but he always said that it was fine.

"Do you now have any ideas how to tell Brenda about your crush?", the blonde asked like he did every day.

"Maybe", the dark haired said and smirked.

"Oh c'mon just tell me already."

"It's not a real plan. I think we can't really plan how to do it, can we? In the end everything comes different and then our plan doesn't help us anymore I guess."

"Yeah you're probably right", Newt agreed.

- - -

A few hours later the two friends sat at the river bank. They were lucky that there was almost all the time a river nearby them. The water seemed so peaceful and made them feel like there were no problems at all.

The sun shone and the birds chirped beautiful melodies. A light wind blew. It felt good for both of them to feel the fresh air on their skin. Newt and Teresa put fresh water into their bottles after both had drunk something.

After that they took out an apple from their backpacks. The apples were not that fresh anymore but at least they had something to eat.

After eating the girl and the boy laid down into the grass. Newt closed his eyes and smiled.

Like so many other times the blonde thought about how it would be to see all of their friends again. He knew they would reach the save haven soon.

"Do you miss the glade sometimes?", Teresa asked after a few moments of silence.

"Sometimes", Newt answered truthfully.

"Me too", she said. A sad smile appeared now on their lips. The boy was sure that they thought about the same thing right now. About all of their friends they had lost. Alby. Chuck. Winston. And all the others.

He knew they would not have made it that far without them. And then the boy noticed something. For Thomas, Minho and the others Teresa and him belonged to the ones they had lost too.

"When do you think we'll arrive at the save haven?", Teresa interrupted the boy's thoughts.

"Probably one or two days if we walk fast enough," Newt answered. The sad smile faded and a happy smile came back.

He looked at Teresa and saw that her smile was also happy again. And with that happy smile and a really good feeling both of them fell asleep.

𝐡𝐞𝐲𝐲 𝐲'𝐚𝐥𝐥

𝐈 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐢𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐈'𝐦 𝐚𝐥𝐬𝐨 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲 𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐲 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐢𝐭.
𝐈𝐭'𝐬 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐈'𝐦 𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐫𝐧.
𝐁𝐮𝐭 𝐈 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐩𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐬𝐭𝐡.

𝐀𝐧𝐲𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐡𝐨𝐩𝐞 𝐲'𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐢𝐭
𝐍𝐞𝐱𝐭 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐛𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧

𝐇𝐨𝐩𝐞 𝐲'𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐝𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭

𝐇𝐚𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐲𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐬𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐒𝐩𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐦𝐚𝐧 𝐧𝐰𝐡 𝐚𝐥𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐲.
𝐈 𝐡𝐨𝐩𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐈 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐬𝐨𝐨𝐧

𝐇𝐨𝐩𝐞 𝐲'𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐚 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐝𝐚𝐲/𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭