He left

Just so much pain

Morning came and like yesterday, I felt my lungs tightening, I couldn't breath. I suddenly woke up. Akio was sleeping on me, his whole body was on my face, making it hard to breathe. I gently moved him onto the bed. I sat up and saw Aito by Omi's leg like an upside down koala.

Atsumu: "What is wrong with my kids?" I chuckled to myself. "Always waking me up in the most artistic position." I got up and did my morning routine.

I went downstairs to make breakfast. In the middle of cooking, I felt something wrap around my waist. I don't know how but I knew who it was. He yawned before burying his face on my shoulder, I ruffled his hair.

Atsumu: "Omi, if yer still sleepy, ya should have sleep some more, I would have woken ya up with the kids later, after I finish makin' breakfast."

Kiyoomi: "Akio farted on my face..." He groaned and I laughed and ruffled his hair.

Atsumu: "At least he didn't suffocate ya with his whole body." I giggled.

Kiyoomi: "You think I didn't suffocate?" He raised an eyebrow and I laughed again.

Omi's phone started ringing, he took a look at it first before sighing. He let go of me which made me a little sad. He ruffled my hair and mouthed he'll be back in a minute and answered the phone while walking out the kitchen, out of my earshot.

I set the table and started putting food in the middle when Omi came back in, he looked a bit down. He sat down and I went to him. I put a hand on his cheek and he looked at me with sad eyes. I have a bad feeling about this.

Atsumu: "What's wrong, Omi?" He closed his eyes and let out a deep sigh.

Kiyoomi: "It was the company... and my family." And there it was, I was reminded that this was all pretend. I looked at Omi who looked at me like he knew what I was thinking. I don't know what face I was making but Omi looked heartbroken. "Atsu- -" I quickly turned around not wanting him to see me breakdown. I can't cry in front of him.

Atsumu: "Don't worry Omi, I understand..." I clench my chest. "You have work..." Omi's going to leave us. "You have a life to return to..." Of course he couldn't stay, Atsumu! He's just helping you with the kids! My eyes started to get glossy.

I knew this would happen. Omi was only worried about the kids since they wanted to attend the school festival. Omi doesn't really feel the same as I do, he's just really kind, that's just how he is... caring and loving. It's my fault for thinking it was something more, it's my fault for accepting his kindness as something special...

It's my fault for falling in love with him.

My heart ached and my eyes stung. Sh*t! I can't cry here! I can't let him see me like this. I can't let him see how pitiful I am. I don't want him to feel bad for me, for us. I need to stop bothering him.

Kiyoomi: "Atsu..." I felt him hug me from behind. I couldn't move, I didn't want to move. Can't we stay like this forever? "I have to go back, you know that..." He buried his face on my shoulder. His strong hold on my body was making me so weak. "I- -"

"Yer leavin' us?" My breath hitched. Our eyes widened when we turned to see Akio and Aito holding hands, eyes teary, clutching their chest with their tiny, shaking hands. Omi let me go and faced the twins, he tried to reach out for them, wanting to comfort them but they backed away.