T W E N T Y T W O

Começar do início

I look over at the trap, which I noticed he moved a little closer to the window.

"Good work, Steve," I say to him with a smile.

He looks surprised, but then smiles.

"Thanks," He says.

"Cut!" Shawn yells out.

Straight away, I start to talk to Maya about her plans for the day when Joe interrupts.

"Hey, Charlee. Do you want to go get some food?" He asks me.

I glance over at Maya, who gives me a little nod.

"Yeah what, now?" I ask him.

Joe smiles at me.

"Yeah, I'll go get changed and meet you at your trailer in like 30 minutes?" He asks me.

30 minutes? That is not enough time to both calm down my nerves, and make myself look as good as I want. But, I reluctantly agree.

* * * *

After giving Joe a funny and teasing look once we've pulled into a McDonald's drive thru, I watch his face as he drives on to our destination. He hasn't mentioned where we are going, even after my surprise at him getting take away in the car.

The car rumbles to a stop and I realise I had been staring at Joe. There's something about his jaw line that captivates me.

Once I take in my surroundings, I recognise where we are immediately and send Joe another look. He rubs the back of his neck as he gives me a small smile and shrugs.

"What?" He asks, "I figured this is kind of our spot now,"

The look in his eyes is so soft that I can't even bring myself to make fun of him for being predictable. I look out the window at the lake and smile to myself. It is kind of our spot now, I guess.

Joe reaches into the back seat and grabs our food, before opening his door.

"We're going outside? It's a bit dark," I ask him.

"Trust me," He says so softly, that I can't deny him.

I give him a small nod and reach for my door handle and pull it. Once again, this stupid door is stuck. Charlie was right, he really needs to just get a new car.

As I keep pulling it and getting frustrated, Joe reaches over.

"Here let me," He says quietly as he leans over me.

He jiggles and pulls the handle until it clicks open, then turns his head and looks at me, our faces close to each other. He smiles as he looks down at my lips, and I can't help but let out a small laugh.

He rolls his eyes and moves away.

"Déjà vu, huh?" He says.

"Something like that," I say with a smirk.

I follow Joe outside of the car, wondering where he was going to take me. But, once I've shut my door, he simply moves to the hood of his car and proceeds to sit on it. I lift my eyebrows.