T W E N T Y T W O

Start from the beginning

"Put one of the other traps there! God, you are such a know-it-all!" Steve yells at me.

"You are so stubborn!" I yell back at him.

Robin stands up.

"Oh my GOD, will you two just kiss and make up already," She says.

Steve looks over at her and swallows.

"What? What-why would you say that?" Steve asks, glancing at me as if to see if I had told her about our kiss.

Robin puts her hands up and pulls a face.

"There is obviously some serious sexual tension going on here, just give in and give us some peace," Robin tells us.

I pull a face.

"I wouldn't go near him with a ten foot pole," I say angrily.

Steve pulls a face.

"Yeah, well... I wouldn't - I wouldn't..." Steve looks at me and I raise my eyebrows.

"I wouldn't go near you either," He says.

I squint my eyes at his unoriginal come back.

"Come on, it's best just to let him figure this out himself," Robin says, pulling me aside.

"He's not so bad you know, he wouldn't be my best friend if he was," Robin says to me, once we've moved away.

"He drives me crazy," I say, shaking my head.

"I know he can be..." Robin starts to say, getting distracted as she watches Steve nearly lose his hand in the bear trap as he tries to set it.

"Idiotic," I finish for her.

"Sometimes," Robin nods her head.

"But, he's funny, kind, so much more caring than you'd expect and fiercely loyal. And, he accepts me," She says to me.

"I guess," I mutter, looking down.

I had seen these qualities in him, but it's hard to admit.

"I just think you should give him a chance, I didn't like him at first either. But, he grows on you," Robin tells me with a smile.

I look at her.

"It wouldn't be weird?" I ask her.

Robin shakes her head.

"I'll always care about you Kaya, but we're better as friends. Plus, I can see you two have something. You're just both too stubborn to admit it," She says.

I look over at Steve for a moment. I do like him, but a relationship right now? Just seems so low on priorities.

"Some happiness at the end of the world wouldn't be so bad you know," Robin says, as though she was reading my mind.

I go to say something to her, when Steve interrupts us.

"I did it! I set the trap," He says triumphantly.