The Beginning of the End

Start from the beginning

The next morning Silas heads to Morgana's Chambers to find the boy burning up "Send for Merlin

The next morning Silas heads to Morgana's Chambers to find the boy burning up "Send for Merlin." he tells Morgana who nods. Soon Merlin walks in and checks on the boy "He's burning up. How long has he been like this?" Merlin asks. "Since early this morning. I think his wound may be infected. We need Gaius before it gets any worse." Morgana tells Merlin. "No. We can't involve Gaius. It's too dangerous. Besides, if he finds out about this, he'll execute me himself." Merlin responds. "We need to get him out of Camelot, and we can't do that while he's sick. We need a physician." Morgana argues. "I'll treat him." Merlin says. "Merlin, do you know how to treat an infected wound?" Silas asks. "Not exactly, but I'm a fast learner." Merlin responds sheepishly. Just then there's footsteps followed by a knocking at the door, Morgana stands up and closes the curtain to find Merlin and the boy. She walks over to the door as Silas sits at the table holding a book and making it look like he was reading "Arthur! To what do I owe this pleasure?" Morgana asks opening the door. "Don't get all excited. It's not a social call. I'm looking for the Druid boy. I'm afraid I'm going to have to search your chambers." Arthur responds. "You're not searching my chambers." Morgana protests. "Don't take it personally. I have to search the entire castle. Only take a few minutes." Arthur says walking in.

"I'm not having you mess up my things." Morgana continues to protest. "I'm not interested in your things, I'm just looking for any evidence that the Druid boy's in the castle." Arthur explains. Silas looks over and sees the boys boots sitting in plain sight "Perhaps the Druid boy's hiding in your chambers. They're usually such a mess, you'd never know." Morgana tells Arthur. "It's hardly my fault I have such a lazy idiot for a servant." Arthur responds. "Bestepe 'scós." Silas whispers making the boots start tiptoeing towards Merlin. "If you can't even find your own servant, what hope do you have of finding the boy?" Morgana asks. "Gestælle scós." Silas whispers making the boots hide behind a column. "Really, I'm touched by the confidence you have in my abilities. And, as much as I'd love to stay and talk, the sooner we get started, the sooner we'll be finished." Arthur tells Morgana. "Ástýre scós." Silas whispers making the boots tiptoe behind the curtain that Merlin holds open. "Well, I'll save you the trouble. The Druid boy's hiding behind the screen. I'm sure your father would love to know how you wasted your time by rifling through my things. Go on." Morgana tells Arthur. "So you can have the satisfaction of making me look a fool?" Arthur asks. "In my experience, you don't need any help looking like a fool. What are you waiting for? Take a look." Morgana tells him. "Why don't you go back to brushing your hair, or whatever it is that you do all day?" Arthur suggests heading for the door as Silas tries not to laugh. "Bye, Arthur. Good luck with the search!" Morgana smiles.

Silas opens the door letting Merlin into Morgana's chamber "What took you so long?" he asks. "Sorry. Once Gaius gets talking about anatomy, there's no stopping him." Merlin responds before he starts treating the boy. "Are you sure you know what you're doing?" Morgana questions. "I'm doing my best." Merlin tells her. "I'll get you some more water." Morgana says standing up and leaving the two young sorcerers with the boy. "Thank you, Emrys. Umenelis." the boy tells them telepathically. "Emrys? Why do you call me that?" Merlin asks telepathically. "Why do you call me Umenelis?" Silas adds, also telepathically. "Among my people, those are your names." the boy responds telepathically. "You know who we are. How? Merlin questions telepathically. "Speak to me." he says out loud. "I don't know if he can't speak, or... he's just too scared to." Morgana says coming back over. "Know the feeling." Silas mumbles not realising that Morgana and Merlin heard him.