Chapter fifteen✔️

Start from the beginning

"How are you feeling?" He asks and I just give him a shrug, keeping my eyes on my mother who's looking at me like she's disgusted. At least I finally have her attention now. After a few more minutes of the doctor asking me questions, he leaves the room. Now it's just me and my mother alone in the hospital room. No one speaks for a moment. The pregnant silence is weighing on me and feel like I'm about to combust. Thank god my mother cleared her throat because I wasn't sure how long I'd be able to handle the silence.

"It's a shame that you're my daughter."

Now I wish we went back to silence. A sharp pain hits me right in my chest and the back of my eyes start to sting.

It's a shame that you're my daughter.

I don't want her to continue but unfortunately she does, "What were you thinking nearing over dosing like that! And at your fathers gallery?" She throws her hands up in anger, "It was embarrassing for us. You embarrassed us. And now you're kicked off the cheer team because one of the girls recommended that you get tested."

What?

I was kicked off the cheer team? Someone recommended I get tested? Who the fuck told my coach that? It wasn't any of their business.

"I had to pay off your coach to keep quiet so she wouldn't bring this to the university. I told her to say that you left because of emotional stress." My mother continues.

"Are you kidding me right now! Who?! Who snitched to the coach!" I demand. I'm furious. Cheering was the only thing that I kept from my childhood. It was the only thing that still made me feel like...well me. And now I don't even have that anymore.

"She wouldn't say, but this is all your fault. Who gave you those?" She glares at me waiting for a response.

I lean back on the hospital bed and smirk a little.

"You really want to know who gave me those drugs?" I ask her and she nods. "Your Golden Boy. Mister sweet man who always follows the rules." My mother face scrunches up like she's confused and I roll my eyes at her stupidity. "Dominic! Dominic is the one who gave me the drugs."

It's quiet for a moment before my mother throws her head back in laughter. She thinks this is a fucking joke?

"Oh don't be silly, Dom would never do such a thing." She waves me off and I really just want to slap some sense into her.

"Go ahead and test him. We both took a few lines before the gallery, I'm sure it's still in his system." Her laughter stops and I'm cheering on the inside because I think she might actually believe me. She walks up to me until she's right next to me on the bed, pointing her scrawny finger at me.

"How dare you accuse him of such things!" she yells at me and I flinch at the tone of her voice.

Is she fucking for real right now?

"You know what mother?" I straighten my spine and glare at her, "I'm pretty tired so you should leave."

She backs away from me with a huff before heading towards the door. She turns back to face me. "You are no longer my daughter, Andrea. We are done. I can't handle this embarrassment anymore." And then she opens the door and leaves.

I was never your daughter. I think to myself. She never cared about me, she only cared about what other people thought about our family.

I see my phone on the counter near the bed and I go to reach for it. I see several messages from Bella and Dominic. I ignore all of his messages and go to open Bella's. Apparently she was the one who found me passed out in the bathroom. She ran back outside screaming and crying saying that I wasn't waking up. My parents told her that she couldn't visit me.

I sent her a quick text, letting her know that I was fine and go to put my phone back down but then notice something.

The date. I've been in the hospital for two days but that's not what made me start crying. It was the fact that today is the 6th.

My birthday.

Happy birthday to me.

*****