Volume 2, Ch. 5: Welcome to Beacon!

Start from the beginning

"I'm just being cautious."

"So am I. Which is why we will continue to train the best Huntsmen and Huntresses we can, and with the help of our allies."

"Believe me, I am." Ironwood replied to Ozpin and the sound of requested entrance came again.

"Come in." Ozpin replies. The door opens and a Turian, retired Turian General Septimus Oraka, comes into the office.

"Headmaster Ozpin," Septimus says while noticing Ironwood. "Oh, pardon me. I didn't realize you had company."

"It's quite alright, Septimus," Ozpin assures as he gets up from his chair. "James, this is Septimus Oraka, retired Turian General. Septimus, this is General James Ironwood of Atlas."

"Ah, yes, Ozpin mentioned you before," Septimus says as he greets Ironwood. "A pleasure to meet you, General."

"As do I, Septimus." Ironwood greeted as the two shook hands.

"Perhaps one day we will talk about our military accomplishments." Septimus suggested.

"Yes, I would like to hear some exploits." Ironwood agreed.

"As much as I like to see coexistence happening," Ozpin interrupted the two Generals. "Septimus, did you come here for something?"

"Ah, yes, I nearly forgot," Septimus replies remembering his errand. "I came by to inform you that all transfer students have been accounted for, but..."

"But?"

"It's regarding Haven Academy's Team CMNE, or "Carmine.""

"Is something wrong?"

"Well, Headmaster, only three members of the team were accounted for. When asked, the Team Leader, Ms. Cinder Falls, stated that the fourth member had some family matters to deal with and would arrive at a later date. Other than them, everyone has been accounted for."

"Hm... We'll allow them to stay. Septimus, continue with the Vytal Festival, but keep an eye on Team CMNE as well."

"Yes, Headmaster, I'll inform the STG to keep reconnaissance on them. That is all. Headmaster, General, I must be off." Septimus informed the two men and walked out.

"He seems interesting." Ironwood spoke with interest.

"See, James, they're not so bad once you meet them. So, as you stay here, take time and speak among the others." Ozpin suggested to Ironwood.

"Very well," Ironwood agrees and walks away, but stops for a moment. "But ask yourself this, do you honestly believe your children can win a war?"

Ironwood continues to leave as Ozpin thinks about his question and takes a sip from his mug.

"I hope they never have to, but (Y/N)'s experience says different." Ozpin says out loud as the loud sound of ticking is heard and echoes throughout the office.

*Commander (Y/N) Rose POV*

In the library, I was with my team, SPRD, RWBY, and JNPR. Most of us were doing different activities in the upper section of the library. Team RWBY were playing Remnant, which was a form of RISK as I remembered playing a holographic version of it on the Citadel. Team JNPR were studying, but Jaune sat next to Ren and Pyrrha sat next to Nora, for less tension. SPRD was near JNPR, also studying, minus Wrex who was sleeping. I, however, with my team sat with RWBY and watched as they played. Garrus and Ruby sat on one side as Ruby was playing as Atlas. Yang and Grunt were across from the two playing as Mistral. Weiss sat between the four, playing as Vacao, confused what she was doing. Blake was playing as Vale, but her mind was elsewhere as I sat in the same chair as her. Liara and Tali sat on both sides of us while we watched.