transfer

Jessie's Pov

It's been a week since I found out about James, my mom still doesn't know. I just told her it was a mental breakdown. I've just decided to recover. I'm just so tired of everything. I haven't weighed myself in a while but it's okay. Out of sight out of mind.   I just wanna get back on track with school, my future without James, my friendships, and my relationships. 

"Good morning, Honey." Emily comes up from behind me kissing my forehead. 

"Good morning." I take a bite from my jam and toast. I could see a smile wipe across her face.  the 'i'm proud that your finally recovering and getting a better smile' i put the toast down and turn my head away from her gaze. " where's James, I barely see you guys together."  I shrug my shoulders. " Is everything ok with you guys?" I shake my head. " are you gonna tell me what's wrong or are you gonna keep letting me guess with head notions?"

" Why did you let me be with him?" Her face looked confused. " I was 16, he was 19. What if he was grooming me or something." 

" Jessie, you have to remember that I wasn't with you when the whole James thing went down. i was here. I wouldn't have approved. but with everything that you had been through I would've thought that Derek allowed you guys to date to give you some sense of freedom and teenage-ness after everything. We thought he was a good guy."

" He was until he wasn't." Emily looked shocked. "Did he touch you? Hit you? Force you?" I shake my head at all the assumptions. 

" He cheated." I was over it.  I think I've mastered the art of detachment. I just turn everything off. Every feeling of love or want someone is giving me. I turn it off.  Emily looked concerned but it was fine. I'm fine.

Speaking of the devil, we hear James' footsteps walking up the stairs. "Uh, I just came to say hi." he spots me. "And goodbye." We both don't speak; I'm assuming he realizes that Emily knows. "I Uh, I- found a loft on Bond Street next to the Jimmy Cho. I've already packed and I just wanted to say goodbye. He's now looking at solely me. Emily takes that as a hint to leave the room.