Fuck, I'm bored. He thought, looking up at the web screen as he looked back down, sketching with his pencil, thinking what excuse he would try to come up with to ditch Physics.

"Mr. Hwang?"

Hyunjin's thoughts snap, his head looking up as he notices his whole class staring at him, looking around as he dropped his pencil, "..Yes?" Hyunjin asks.

"Could you explain this to the class? The question's given on the board, the top one on the right written in bold." She exclaims, pointing directly at it.

Shit... I did recap but I don't think I know the answer to this. Hyunjin thought, his eyes widening as he gulped, frozen in his desk as the silence of his class was deafening, not knowing what to say.

Suddenly, someone else' raises their hand.

"I'll answer, Mrs. Jung if he's too preoccupied and or doesn't know the lesson." A boy's voice exclaims all of a sudden, as Hyunjin's head turns to the side as his stomach dropped, scoffing.

Kim Seungmin. Top honors of the grade, and the whole school.

"Right, thank you Seungmin, Hyunjin, focus on the recap next time." Mrs. Jung warned as Seungmin looked back at Hyunjin, turning back to his front to explain the lesson again, feeling daggers behind him.

What was up with Seungmin? Oh, Oh Hyunjin, Hyunjin hated, his guts. And he's always had that thought of Seungmin since.

He was always number 2. Hyunjin was perfect, yes, but he was never 1st, he was never the best out of everyone, second-best sure, but never at the very top, why? Because of Kim Seungmin, and it was always, Seungmin.

Seungmin, besides that, in Hyunjin's eyes, was extremely arrogant, always butting in his business every time Hyunjin's confused at an answer, always up and giving criticism, Hyunjin loathed it, and Hyunjin loathed him especially.

He never had the chance to talk to Seungmin personally, every time he had the chance to, he always turned it down, he hated Seungmin.

His reasons were.. murky, but you'd understand.

Seungmin on the other hand?

Total opposite from how Hyunjin thinks of him, Seungmin merely wanted to just poke fun of him, sure his arrogance and bluntness showed through when his 'poking fun' could actually piss someone off but that's beside the point.

Seungmin never knew why Hyunjin ignored him, he always felt slight remorse when the taller was avoiding him 24/7, but he knew Hyunjin hated him, but for what reason anyway?

Either way, he couldn't do anything, he didn't know how to approach people either, let alone Hyunjin.

Seungmin was smart, he was nerdy, he liked being with a small group of people, he didn't enjoy parties, he loved taking care of animals, or anything that was more ... introverted, he was into it.

Hyunjin was smart, yes, but he had more personality, he was more dramatic, messier, and he liked and enjoyed parties, not to mention, he loved arts and being sporty, he was always very loud and extroverted and never kept to himself, always going outside with a friend or two, whatever thing that included being an extrovert, he was into it.

Both of them, total opposites, but strange to think, don't you think opposites should attract? Well in this case it was confusing yes, but people didn't know how to put it between Seungmin and Hyunjin.

It was, complicated, to say the least.

...

"Right, now that we're done with our lesson thank you all for attending." Mrs. Jung smiled as her face suddenly faded as soon as she saw her students going up from their seats.

"But—" 

Hyunjin groaned, knowing it'd be that dreaded group project, "You guys are going to be paired in an important group project, you don't have a semester exam for Physics because of this specifically." Mrs. Jung said, making Hyunjin realize how many compromises there were to the school.

"I've already assigned everyone to their respected partners, paired by two, paired by three, or paired by four, I'll be announcing these right at this moment, details of the project can be saved for next week." She explains.

Group two, group three, group four, Hyunjin listens as she calls out the names loudly, the students leaving as their names get called, and lastly, his.

"Group seven,"

"Hwang Hyunjin, Choi Ji-hye, and,"

"Yang Ji-won, others will be called out for later, you are dismissed." She exclaims, as Hyunjin sighs, God, the biggest relief of the century... He thought, taking his bag as he stood up, suddenly being stopped by Mrs. Jung.

"And you, Hwang Hyunjin, I need to speak to you and.. another classmate, please stay here, besides, this is your last class anyway." She mentions.

Shiiiiiit.

...

Hyunjin sighs, seeing Seungmin beside him, knowing what's about to happen.

"You two.." Mrs. Jung sighs, looking up at both of them as the two boys looked at each other, one with a more angered face and the other seemingly not caring, "There's a school project yes?" Mrs. Jung questions.

"Yes, there is, Maam," Hyunjin mumbles, his heart beating faster as he wishes no sudden news comes up about that certain project, I'm already fine with my groupmates, why the hell is she gonna change it, oh god.. please tell me she's not gonna change it. Hyunjin ponders, closing his eyes as he waits for what Mrs. Jung is going to mention.

"You guys, will not be grouped together." She explains, Hyunjin sighs, a deep breath released again, while Seungmin stares blankly.

"But—"

"But?" Hyunjin replies back, gulping as Mrs. Jung looks at him and then to Seungmin, smiling at both of them, "I'm pleased to say you two are the top students of our school, you've been invited to a tournament." She smiled.

"You have the rest of the school year to prepare, but, you need to remember, you guys are grouped together." She explains.

Hyunjin's eyes widen as his mouth falls agape, his worst actual nightmare? coming true already?

"Alright, thank you, Mrs. Jung," Seungmin says.

How could he be okay with this? I sure arent? What the hell? Hyunjin thought, his mood turning from relief to literal misery.

"T—Thank you, Mrs. Jung." Hyunjin mumbles, quickly walking outside as he notices Felix by the door, the hallway with only a few students packing their bags to leave.

"Hmmm? Anything wrong? Hyung? You were called to stay for a few minutes!" Felix says, ignoring Seungmin who was walking out of the classroom.

"Felix.."

"I'm absolutely screwed."