Chapter 1

Written by: RIN

...

"Hyunjin!"

Huh? Hyunjin thought, turning around to see Felix waved at him, moving closer as he realized that the shorter boy was running at him.

"Hyuuuung!" Felix smiled, jumping on Hyunjin, almost making the older drop to the floor.

"Owh— Felix! Where were you? You're usually the early one out of both of us.." Hyunjin exclaims, making Felix pout, "So sorry..! You know how my mom is!" Felix mutters, bowing, "Hey hey no need to bow.. I was just saying." Hyunjin scoffs.

Hwang Hyunjin, 17 and doing well in school, besides most of his past issues with classmates, friends, or other events, his grades are high, he's doing well with people, well-liked, and hey, even being an honor student.

Hyunjin could quite literally be a perfect son to a lot of people, but he did have issues himself, but those could be said for later.

"Have you done your work yet? You mentioned I'd stay over at your house for the weekend!" Felix exclaims suddenly, "Home..work..? Obviously." Hyunjin scoffs, chuckling afterward, "Besides, it's a Friday, I think our homework's due in a few days, so there's no need to rush at all." Hyunjin mentions.

"Yepperu! But, did Mrs. Jung ever mention we had a group project for Physics? It's almost a third of our grade!"

"What?"

RING!

"Oh! That's the bell! Better be off now! Check your schedule Hyung, see you!" Felix exclaims, running off to the opposite hallway from Hyunjin's next class, "But- Felix! The— Subject Projec-" Hyunjin sighs, I'll figure out what to do instead of that project he mentioned. He thought, hurriedly walking to his next class.

...

Hyunjin stopped at the class door, going inside as he bowed at Mrs. Jung, his eyes glancing towards the empty seats, surprised he's early.

"Take a seat anywhere Mr. Hwang, we have an important lesson today." She mentions, "Right, um— Do we have a.. project.. or any sort of group-project for today that you'll announce..?" Hyunjin asks.

"Bingo, you're spot-on Mr. Hwang, has Yongbok told you about it? I saw you hurrying with him in the hallway, there is a major group project." She smiles.

"Well.. is there any chance we might pick our partners?" Hyunjin asks.

"Nope, I assigned all of you accordingly already, it's based on who'd you'd work well with based on how two of you worked on individual works previously in my class. You'll have no trouble with them, Mr. Hwang."

She explains, making Hyunjin gulp, knowing he couldn't talk back to his teacher, praying whoever he was paired with was halfway decent.

RING! RING!

"Second bell, better take off to your seat Hyunjin."

She says, "Ah- Yes... Thank you, Mrs. Jung." He smiles back at her, walking to his desk.

...

Time has passed by now, and who knows what Mrs. Jung was explaining, he's already heard of this lesson before, seems like she was recapping for the students who're still confused, he pondered, doodling on his class notebook.

Hyunjin was indeed smart, yes, but his confidence was greater, of-course it was good to be confident in yourself, but it made him much more independent and closed off than he realized it, thinking he didn't need to re-study anything, but oh well, worked for him because he never had any trouble with exams.