1 - Raphael

Hi, my name is Cleo, and I am currently running for my life from radioactive ravens.
Yes, they were experimented on and was accidentally set free.

"Who knew ravens could fly so fast..." I panted as I tried to outrun them.

I'm getting tired.

'Just a bit more... Please, a bit more energy... We're almost there...'

"Agh-!"

I tripped and fell.

Frozen in shock, I looked at the fierce birds getting closer and closer.

'This is it for me, I guess'

I covered my face, bracing for its painful attack, when suddenly—

BANG

"Hey! Hey you blockhead birds! Over here!" A guy with a mask covering his bottom face yelled, throwing particular bottles.

As the ravens set their eyes on him, he shivered as he saw them approaching him at lightning speed, then ran away screaming, but still with the intention of distracting those radioactive birds.

I stood up and ran, thinking I'd never see him again.

But I thought wrong.

————————

Running back to my base, I saw him again. The very same person who saved me from those birds the other day.

He was struggling to fight off a cyborg.

I quickly took out my gun and tried shooting at the robot.

"Hnng...! P-Please! Help me!" He pleaded.

"Hang on! I'm reloading—"

In a blink of an eye, the once human figure —who is now half robot and human— was in front of me.

"Metal head! Take this!" He yelled at the figure, whole throwing a bomb that had such a small explosion, but thanks to that, I was able to find an opening.

I cut off the wires I saw on the robot's neck with my dagger, and ran towards the boy.

"Run!"

———————————————

I thought I'd never see her again.

After twenty minutes of running, we found a safe alleyway to hide in the meantime.

"Are you okay?" The girl asked me.

I nodded. "A-Are you...? You weren't hurt by that bomb, right?" I asked her in reply, worried that she might be another one of the victims hurt by my recklessness.

"I'm fine. That was cool, to be honest!" She exclaimed happily as she stood up and dusted off her clothes.

Cool...? The only 'compliments' I get from my inventions is 'it's too dangerous. Cancel that.'

She suddenly reached out her hand to me.

"Cleo." I saw her smile as I raised my head up.

I hesitated a bit.

"R-Raphael..." I said as I took her bandaged hand.

She helped me stand up the moment I grabbed her hand. I must say, it's amazing a girl had enough strength to pull someone like me.

"Are you an inventor?" She asked me.

"Scientist, rather..." I mumbled. "A scientist and probably an inventor?"