Some Mysteries Are Better Left Unsolved

Y/N spun around in their chair, waiting for Powder to finish setting up the game. Meanwhike, Vi was punching the boxing arcade game, and Mylo was picking his nose. Of course.

"Remind me why we bother with this dump."

Mylo said as he opened his gun for the shooting arcade game.

"Vander said to lay low. Enforcers never come down here, so this is as good a place as any."

Vi responded.

"Oh, what's the matter, Mylo? You worried Powder's gonna beat you again?"

Claggor asked.

"Hey, if she didn't keep fixing these things, I wouldn't keep missing."

"Awww, Mylo's fragile ego can't take Powder winning~"

"Shut up, Y/N."

Suddenly, Powder appeared from behind the bar and plugged two wires together. The cardboard cutouts whirred to life and started moving, the neon paint making them visible in the dark.

Mylo made a face at her and started shooting at the targets, only to miss every. Single. One. Seemed like shooting wasn't exactly Mylo's strong point.

When he was done, Y/N took a shot at it. Y/N was decent, but still missed quite a few, unlike Mylo, who missed all the targets.

"You guys know I wouldn't take you on a job you couldn't handle, right?"

Vi suddenly spoke up.

"Are you kidding? That was the best job we've ever done! Just--"

"Yeah, and it would've been even better if we left Mylo."

Mylo glared at Y/N only for Y/N to stick out their tongue back. Sheesh, these two were really going at it. Y/N was finally done shooting and handed the gun to Powder.

Powder, unlike the two that had gone before her, managed to hit every single target there was in a short amount of time. It was honestly scary how fast she had done it. When she was done, she looked at Mylo and mocked the face he gave her when he went before she went to go play another arcade game.

Y/N skated over to her and watched her play it before speaking up.

"Y'know.. We really need a game for my skates. Or my bat. I'm good with both of those, y'know?"

Powder giggled and nodded.

"I'll work on that."

They both stopped chatting when they heard a commotion outside. Powder peeked through the hole in the glass and saw a bunch of enforcers with some people. There was one man in particular who was being forced to talk by one of the enforcers.

Y/N giggled as the man spat on the enforcers shoe, but Powder was a little more worried. She backed away and turned to the group while Y/N's eyes widened and they skated away from the hole in the glass.

"Hey, guys? You should see th--"

Powder was interrupted by a man flying into the arcade, his back smashing against the glass before he slammed onto the floor. Suddenly, the enforcers were visible and so were the kids.

"Search them."

The enforcers came into the arcade, approaching every one of the kids. Suddenly, Y/N started panicking. The crystals! Unless Powder got rid of them, they were still in her pocket!

Y/N was tempted to go over to Powder to protect her, but that would result in Powder looking more suspicious and Y/N didn't want that.

"Go ahead, idiots. We got nothing."