Chapter Four

Kehlani Catalina Taylor

I set my mini fan down on my little lash cart and take off my glasses. "You're all done babes." I tell my client. I had already taken my pictures for my page but she said they felt a little off so I dried them some more.

Once she's gone I stand up cracking my back, that was my only client today so I was going to eat something quick in the kitchen then head out to explore the city.

I had been in Atlanta for a two weeks now, I've been so busy with clients that I haven't actually gone out to do much. When I wasn't working I was being preoccupied by my neighbors. They would all come in while I was working or laying around and get in the bed with me or sit in the living room while I was working.

At first I thought it was weird to allow three men to have access to my house but they never made it weird. Any times they touched my body it was consensual by all parties and they never went too far. Yesterday Von slipped his hand in my shirt while he was sleeping and Durk literally popped him for me then went back to holding my left one.

Today was going to be a little different though, I was going to go out on my own and try to find a car. I had  a little bit of money saved up for a while to buy me a car but back home I had my mom's old car to get around so I never thought to buy myself a car.

Speaking of my parents I still haven't called them or anyone back home for that matter. At first I was scared but after a while I just got kind of busy with life. My mom unexpectedly dropped 3 thousand in my account the other day and I think it was her version of an apology but I was still holding out on her calling me.

I slip on a plain white crop top and a pair of light denim shorts then my tan Yeezy slides. I put lotion on all my exposed skin then put on my gold stacked necklaces and a matching anklet before granny my phone and purse to leave.

I get down to my rental car without running into anyone so I know that I'll be able to leave without telling them my whereabouts. They like to keep tabs on me at all times so I have to duck them niggas like they the feds.

I slip on my sunglasses then drive out the gates of the apartments. I was supposed to meet this man about the car but I didn't want to go alone, I also didn't want the boys coming with me because I need my own time away from them. I decided to take the only other friend I had down here, Robyn. I met her from her appointment with me last week and we really hit it off, we've been texting back and forth all week.

She was Durk's age, had her own house and car already, and she worked as a nurse. She was like a big sister and friend with the way she talked to me.

Robyn's house wasn't too far from my apartments so it didn't take long to get there, I park by the street and text her telling her I'm outside then sit back on my phone. I scroll on Tiktok for a few minutes before I see her come out the front door, I set my phone down when she gets in the passenger seat.

"Hey boo." She greets me reaching over the middle console to give me a hug. I hug her back smiling.

"Heyyy." I drag out sitting back so I can drive.

Robyn puts her seatbelt on then props her leg up on the seat and gets on her phone.

"So where's your guard dogs? I never see you without them." She asks laughing a little as I merge onto the highway.

I laugh with her, "I have no idea and I don't care." I tell her honestly.

It's going on 1:30 and I haven't heard from any of my neighbors, they usually come to my apartment when I go out to get a client or even when they wake up. They haven't called or texted me either so I guess their busy.