He never thought about it seriously before.

But May is really cute.

Unbeknownst to him, his heart skipped a beat.

"W-what?"

"You were the one who came up with the poison theory, weren't you?" she asked, her guess precisely on point. But Ash didn't look fazed.

"It was more or less a group decision," he answered vaguely.

May pouted again. "Hmph, fine. Don't tell me then."

"I am interested in one thing though," he said as the girl looked at him. "Yeah?"

"I had a hunch that either you and Leaf or you and Drew would've participated in tomorrow's battle. But seeing as how Drew and Leaf did the quiz today, I can't help but wonder. Who's your fourth member?" asked Ash. It has been on his mind for quite sometime, so he got the opportunity to finally ask.

"Oh right. Now that you mention it, she should have arrived by now," May mumbled to herself.

"Uh who?"

"Our fourth group member. She had to go to a audition in Mauville City, so she took a leave for today. She'll be battling with me tomorrow," she explained.

"So, is she a coordinator too?" asked Ash.

"Yes, she-"

*Ring*Ring*

May's phone rang as she was talking. Seeing the caller, she immediately looked excited and picked up.

"Hey Dawn, where are you? Outside? Kayy~wait a sec," she said in a sweet tone and headed towards Ash's main door after cutting the call.

After hearing the caller's name, Ash froze on the spot.

'Dawn? No...she can't be...it can't be the same person, can it?' he thought frantically. Pikachu who was awake now, was also looking at him curiously, as if he was thinking the same.

May opened the door and saw a blue haired pretty girl standing in front of the next door.

"Hey!" May exclaimed seeing one of her close friend and rival. The girl in question looked at her and smiled, but with a slight confusion.

"Hi May! But...isn't this supposed to be your room? Or did you change it?" Dawn greeted and asked. She hasn't been to May's room for over a month, so she thought about that possibility.

"No no, I didn't. It's still the same. I was just hanging out with my roommate. Come in," May said as she went inside. Dawn quickly followed.

"Roommate? Is she a transfer?" Dawn asked, curiously.

"Yes, but it's a 'he'. You would love to meet him," May corrected. Dawn looked even more intrigued by her words, because May was showing interest in a guy she barely knew.

"Hey As- huh?" May looked around in confusion looking for the boy, who was just here a minute ago. Her eyes wondered behind the counter where their lunch was set, and saw a glimpse of black hair. She frowned and gave a Naruto run towards the counter.

"Ash, why are you hiding?!" she questioned while pulling the boy by his hair with force.

"Ow ow ow! I wasn't hiding, I just dropped something," he said and stood up abruptly. His eyes met with Dawn's instantly. Ash immediately turned nervous.

'Please don't recognize me Please don't recognize me Please don't -'

"Ash?!" the blunette exclaimed after staring at him for a few seconds. Ash sighed in defeat.