Rock Me

(A/N: this is a boring chapter, but im updating because swiftieofdaydreams is an actual cupcake. I love you Olivia!)

"Guys, tomorrow is Halloween! What are we gonna do? Should we wear the ninja turtle suits on stage?" Luke yelled throughout the back room of the current stadium we were in, which was somewhere in Virginia to my knowledge.

"We've worn those too much! We should get new costumes!" Calum complained.

"Guys- we should be Disney characters! Luke could be Tigger, Calum could be Shang, Michael could be Ariel, and I could be Olaf!" Ashton spazzed.

"I am not dressing up like Shang! How many times do I have to say I'm not Asian?" Calum threw his hands in the air in frustration.

"I like the concept Ash," I pat Ashton on the back for his idea, and he gave me a gentle smile.

"Thank you Jaylene. See? Someone likes my ideas!" He wrapped an arm around my shoulders.

"I think it'd be cool if you guys were all gender bent Disney princesses. Do it! Michael could still be Ariel, Ashton would be Belle, Calum could be either Mulan or Pocahontas, and Luke could be Elsa." I suggested.

"I like that idea," Michael spoke up for the first time that day. He'd been kind of quiet the past few weeks. He was really acting odd. I'm pretty sure Luke knows what's going on, but he won't tell me what's wrong. Michael's been distancing himself, smiling less, and his bracelet collection is growing rapidly. I want to say he's just obsessed with collecting them, because I don't want to assume the worst of him. I'm sure he's fine.

"Actually," Michael spoke again. "I think I want to be Anna."
Luke's smile grew wide.

"Muke!" Luke walked over to Michael and gave him a high-five.

"I still don't understand why I have to be one of the princesses with a specific race! Racist, I tell you! Racist! I, therefore, shall be Snow White!" Calum folded his arms in a stubborn, joking kind of way.

"It's okay Cal. It's okay." I pat him on the arm again.

"Well let's get going!" Ashton stood up from the couch, grabbed my hands, and pulled me up.

"Where?" I asked.

"Target! We gotta get these costumes!" Ashton went over to the table in the corner, grabbed the keys to one of the various black cars they had, and made his way to the door. "Come on, guys!"

The rest of the boys stood up, and we all headed to the car. Ashton sat in the drivers seat. Calum got the shotgun seat, which left me, Michael, and Luke in the backseat. Ashton turned on the radio to ease the tension, and we all sang along to the song Uma Thurman by Fall Out Boy. Michael was actually getting into it, wish surprised me, especially since he'd been so silent recently.

When the song said, "May nothing but death do us part," Michael fell awkwardly silent, and he fiddled with his long sleeves for a second before air-guitaring the guitar riff.

Finally, we reached Target, and we all hopped out of the car. All the boys looked like they were trying to hide something, it was obvious. They were all wearing black sunglasses. Michael wore a snapback to cover his currently red hair. Ashton kept looking at the ground. Luke hadn't quiffed his hair, and Calum had quiffed his. They were trying to hard to look different then their normal selves.

As we entered the store, the boys didn't even bother to remove their sunglasses.

"Welcome to Target," a teenage girl spoke in a bored tone while pushing more carts into the cart area. The boys all nodded at her, but didn't dare speak a greeting. She just looked like she liked 5 Seconds of Summer. It radiated off of her.