CARD COLLECTING PROCESS

Okay, you're all ready to fill your binder up with beautiful cards. Now what?
• How do I find the cards?
• What are the typical prices?

1. SOURCING FOR CARDS

You can source them from your local online marketplace. For example, Carousell, which I use almost all of the time. Telegram channels are also great for sourcing more affordable cards. You can also put in requests on cards you are looking for in the channel request box, usually in the form of a CuriousCat or a Tellonym.

Places like Mercari and Twitter are also places where you can purchase cards, but do take note of the seller's reviews to prevent yourself from getting scammed! Ask around in collecting groups or check out blacklisted sellers. It's better to be safe than sorry!

2. RESEARCH MARKET PRICES

Some unreasonable sellers may overprice cards. To prevent yourself from accidentally confirming a deal with these people, do research the market prices!

Market prices are prices which most sellers in the market sell at. For more highly sought after and more costly cards, sellers might ask for you to quote your own price instead of them listing a specific price. As a buyer, remember to quote reasonably according to market prices as well and negotiate from there.

I will touch more on market prices and how they may vary in a different part!

3. DON'T BE TOO HASTY!

If you see a card that you really desire but is priced two times your budget, don't even think about it. Wait it out, maybe there'll be better deals out there.

Things you can type in the search function which might lead you to better offers: 'clearance', 'sale', 'urgent'.

If you have any questions,

feel free to comment here!