"So this King Von and Lil Durk are famous too?" I ask. I start to prep her nails for the acrylics. I was excited to do this set since she was getting XL nails which were my favorite length because the design possibilities were endless.

Emily nods watching me as I move from finger to finger. "Yea, I'm surprised you never heard of them. Lil Durk got on first and he helped King Von when he decided to rap. Polo is from Chicago too but Von and Durk are both from O block so they been close longer."

I look at her for a second then think back to when I seen them last night, they all looked around the same age to me. And here I thought they were just some common niggas who make too much noise.

After that the conversation switched to me and why I'm in Atlanta, how long I've been doing nails, etc. Emily kept the conversation flowing amongst us which I didn't mind because it made the time seem to fly by. An hour later she was laying on my lash table as I worked on her lashes, it had been a while since I did these but it was like riding a bike the way I got in and did them.

By the time I finished with all her services it was going on 1 and I had 30 mins until the next client would be here. I told myself that I was going to do the lashes first on her so that I could save myself some time in the long run.

"Nah Lani you did these so fucking good girl!" Emily says looking at lashes in her phone. We were standing next to her car since I had walked her out.

My smile brightens a little at the compliment. "Of course girl. If you take any pictures be sure to tag my nail page." I tell her then give her one last hug before walking back towards the building. I stand by the door waving until I see her car pull off out the gates.

I get back to my apartment and do a quick clean of my station throwing away all the non reusable things and disinfecting surfaces. Just as I threw away the paper towel I was using I hear a knock on my door.

I walk out the room towards the door, I open it to see a brown skin girl with a smirking Von standing there.

I raise my eyebrow confused but before I can say anything Von opens his mouth. "I found her outside by the gate looking for you. You Kehlani right?" He asks making me nod.

"Yea that's me," I roll my eyes then make eye contact with the girl. "Hey, I'm guessing you're Mia." I greet her making her nod.

"Thank you for being her in Von." I tell him then move out the way to let her in. I try to close the door once she's inside but Von starts to walk inside too.

Von's eyes looks around my living/bedroom in amazement. "You did all this yesterday?" He asks then walks towards the sofa at the end of my bed.

I ignore him leading Mia to my studio and telling her she can lay down on the lash table. I pull the door close leaving it cracked a little, I walk into the living room to find Von looking at the tv.

"What are you doing in here?" I ask standing next to the sofa where he's sitting.

"You came in my house last night demanding I turn my shit down but I can't be in your living room?" He asks smirking at me.

"Nah you can't. Go upstairs to your apartment. I have clients to take care of not sit here and worry about what you doing out here."

"Then don't be worried about me little girl." He says not looking away from the tv where he's opening Netflix. He goes to my profile then searches for something to watch.

I just sigh and go back to my studio. I sit down with my glasses on. "I'm so sorry about him Mia." I tell her as I get my glue and extensions ready.