Out of Time...

The last thing I remember was Rip hitting me with the same light he used to recruit me. When I woke up, the room was dark. The beeping of a machine could be heard, as well as a voice.

"Is she up?" I opened my eyes slowly and saw a figure towering over me. Without thinking, I threw a punch at the figure, but they caught it and put me in an arm lock.

"My name is Oliver Queen, and my preference is not to break your arm, so I want you to calm down and tell us what happened to your team."

"Where is he?" I asked Oliver, panicked.

"Where is who?" A man standing behind Oliver asked.

"Rip. Rip Hunter."

XXX

After waking an equally rowdy Mick up from stasis, the four of us were in the galley, Oliver and Nate waiting for an explanation from Mick and I.

"All I remember is being knocked out by that skinny, little Englishman. Very embarrassing." Mick grunted, taking a sip of the beer Gideon fabricated for him.

"I know that Sara told her father she was leaving to protect history." Oliver brooded.

"Why?" Nate asked. "Why does history need protecting?"

"Because the idiots who were protecting it- the time masters, we blew them up." I explained to the two.

"So you and the legends took over?"

"Yeah. Chasing down time criminals and fixing the parts of history they screwed up."

"Aberrations the captain called them."

"We were chasing them for about six months without a problem."

"Well, with the occasional problem." Mick corrected me. "We knew we were in trouble when Rip made us put on blouses just to save the King of France."

XXX

France, 1637

"I look like an idiot." Mick complained.

"I rather like the style of le Mousquetaires de la garde." My father told him.

"I'm with Mick on this one, dad. I look ridiculous." I indicated the hideous dress I was wearing. I was never one for dressing up.

"Can we concentrate, please?" Rip asked us. "King Louis XIII is scheduled to meet an untimely end at the hand of Cardinal Richelieu's men at any moment.'

"Roger that, I have eyes on the king." Ray said over comms.

"Whatever you do, do not let him out of your sight."

"But, if today's when he's supposed to, you know, with the queen, I-"

"Raymond, without that consummation there will be no Louis Courtures, no sun king, and no golden age of France."

"Which means by extension no Madame Curie, no Louis Pasteur." I added.

"Yeah, yeah, I get it. History will be totally screwed, but I don't have to be there for the actual, you know, consummation, do I?"

"Sara? I need to know that the queen is secure." Rip frantically tried to get Sara to answer her comms.

"Meantime, I believe I've identified our assassins and I'd wager those aren't swords on their hips." My father drew our attention to the men on top of the king's balcony.

"Ah, yes, that would explain the aberration." Rip told us.

"What did I say about using powers and future Dr. Palmer?"