Chapter 2: Not this again

Start from the beginning

"Oh, hey Eruptor!" She said, genuinely surprised. "Weren't you supposed to be at your anger management meeting?"

"Hey Elfie," Eruptor said, with a clearly tired voice. "Yes, I'm supposed to be at my meeting, but I'm a little...-" He threw a quick and deadly glance at Spyro. "-...occupied, at the moment."

Stealth elf looked concerned, but it seemed she was in too much in a hurry, to get involved with whatever was going on with her friend at the moment.

"Oookkaayy...well, I have to get going. See you later, and remember not to burn the house down while I'm gone!" She said as a playful quip. Eruptor fired back with his own.

"Oh, I will certainly try! Hoh ho, I certainly will." It was hard to tell if it was a quip, with the sarcastic laughing, and a psychotic smile on his face, which Spyro couldn't help but observe with intense fear. Stealth elf was now certain she didn't want to deal with any of that and got ready to walk out of the door. But right before she walked out, she turned back to Eruptor.

"And also, have you seen Spyro anywhere? I was sure I could hear him in his room, but when I went up to check, there wasnøt a trace of him!"

"Uhm..." Eruptor looked up at Spyro again, who was in a panic, shaking his head left to right continuously, so much so that small droplets of sweat flew around him. Eruptor looked at him with a raised eyebrow and a judging look, before sighing, and turning his gaze back at Stealth elf.

"No, I haven't seen him."

She didn't seem too convinced and squinted her eyes at him.

"You're absolutely sure?"

"Yep!" he answered, without a single hint of enthusiasm.

She kept squinting at him, even while closing the door.

"Alright...see you later." She slowly kept closing the door. When it was finally close, and her footsteps slowly faded away, Spyro curled out from his corner, and like a bag of jelly, he slithered down the side of the beam, finally landing on the floor in front of Eruptor, with a surprisingly low thump. Eruptor in turn did not look very impressed. Spyro laid flat on his back, staring up at the ceiling and his beam, in silence. His friend looked down on him, first with scorn, but which soon turned to pitty. He eventually broke the silence in the room.

"Dude, I think you have a problem."

When Spyro didn't answer, he shrugged and stood up, before walking towards the front door. But while passing Spyro, he took a small paper card and dropped it on the floor. Where he had it on him, no one knows. Spyro picked up the card and inspected it with dreaded curiosity.

"Go and set up a meeting with the person on the card. I think they can help you get back to your senses." Spyro looked at Eruptor, as he went through the door, closing it behind him. Spyro started at the door, before turning his attention back at the card.

"Well...I'm sure it won't be that bad."

"I was wrong..." Spyro said with a hint of frustration and despair. He was sitting inside the academy, on an antique sofa, with Hugo sitting opposite of him. he was holding a notepad, switching between flipping the pages and scribbling down notes. Spyro was trying out different ways to express his impatience. He was already done with tapping his claws and instead tried to figure out something to do with his legs.

"So when did this begin." Hugo suddenly asked, making Spyro jump a bit.

"Uhm...I guess it started yesterday."

Hugo scribbled something down, which Spyro glanced at with nervousness he couldn't find the source of.

"And has this happened before?" He continued to ask, with a calm, serene aura that was more intimidating, rather than calming.