EXPLANATION

Explanation. 

Hello, fellow Wattpaders! Scissorhands123 here with the official explanation of what exactly my "Alternate Endings Story" is, because I'm sure a lot of you are confused. Let me put it this way: A lot of times, when movies come out on DVD, they include the theatrical edition, director's cut, and sometimes, and alternate ending; which is basically a way of showing the audience a different way the movie could have ended.

That is exactly what I'm doing here. I've taken the time to look over my stories and think to myself, "What if that one thing did/didn't happen here?" Now, there are obviously A LOT of different things that I could change to make them not happen or happen. So in this story, I will ONLY be including MAJOR things that happened in the plot. For example, Riley coming out as a lesbian in "Break the Cycle". That was a MAJOR thing that happened in that story, and it was a very big part of the plot. So what would the story be like if she never did come out?

Now, before I tell you any more, I would like to just say that I am NOT CHANGING any endings to any of my stories. These are alternate endings, just for fun, to show you what my stories would be like if that one thing never happened - or did happen.

So now, I'm going to explain to you how this is all going to work.

Each chapter is going to have a "what if?" question to start it off. This will be our scenario. There will be multiple "what if?" scenarios for each of the stories I have so far written. Each scenario will be put into a one-shot, UNLESS the "what if?" question is something that doesn't need to be written from a story-telling point of view, but rather, a paragraph.

Allow me to explain.

The following examples are actual scenarios that will be used in this story from "Break the Cycle".

So first off, there's your regular scenario. Each regular scenario will be a one-shot (only one chapter). Each of these one-shots will have a header, of sorts, at the beginning. It will tell you the abbreviated title of the story (so for example, "Break the Cycle" would be BTC), the scenario number, the type of scenario it is (so in this case, it would just say "scenario") and then it will give the "what if?" question. See example below:

BTC (1): Scenario: What if Chris hadn't eavesdropped on Riley to find out she was a lesbian?

(Insert one-shot here)

Make sense?

Secondly, we have what's called list chapters. This is when I will include multiple "what if?" questions into one chapter because they don't need a one-shot to answer them, but only a paragraph or so of an explanation. There will be headers for each "what if?" question listed within the chapter. The header will tell you the abbreviated title of the story, the scenario number, the type of scenario (so in this case, it would say "list", but only for the FIRST scenario, as this is only to let the reader know that it is a list chapter) and then it will give the "what if?" question. See example below:

BTC (7): List: What if Riley never escaped from captivity?

(Insert paragraph length explanation here)

Then, it would go straight on to the next "what if?" question:

BTC (8): What if Jack never approached Riley about the winter showcase?

(Insert paragraph length explanation here)

Make sense?

Finally, we have what I call connected chapters. This basically means that there are multiple ways that a single "what if?" scenario could have gone down, each of which are written as a one-shot in SEPARATE chapters. The headers for these chapters tell you the abbreviated title of the story, the scenario number, the type of scenario (so in this case, it will either say "connected to next" or "connected to previous), it will give the "what if?" question, AND it will say what scenario this chapter is out of however many ways that certain "what if?" question could be answered. See example below:

BTC (3): Connected to Next: What if Riley came out on Warped Tour? (Scenario 1 of 2)

(Insert one-shot here)

If you read my story "Break the Cycle", you know that Riley had multiple opportunities to come out when she was on Warped Tour with the band, which is why there are multiple ways that the above scenario could have gone down. Make sense?

In the NEXT chapter, the header would look like this:

BTC (4): Connected to Previous: What if Riley came out on Warped Tour? (Scenario 2 of 2)

(Insert one-shot here)

Make sense?

There are a total of twelve scenarios for "Break the Cycle" including regular scenarios, list chapters and connected chapters. Once the twelf BTC scenario is uploaded, the following chapter will be the first scenario for "For as Sick as It May Seem". See, I will have alternate endings to all of my stories I have written so far (except for Drain This Disease) in the order that I wrote them. So after I finish the scenarios for FASAIMS, I will then do the scenarios for "The Immaculate Misconception" and then move on to the "Fatal" trilogy.

I understand if this is confusing now, but I PROMISE you guys are gonna want to know what happens. To get you guys excited, I will tell you what to expect in the first real chapter.

So in the next part/chapter, we will have the first scenario for "Break the Cycle" and you guys will get to find out what would have happened if Chris hadn't eavesdropped on Riley when she was late for homecoming to find out that she was a lesbian...

Also. Just to give you guys an idea of HOW MUCH WORK goes into these stories that I write, I started my plans for my Alternate Endings Story (which, in case you weren't paying attention, is THIS story) on January 12th, 2015. That's when I started planning this story in my phone before I started hand writing it, so...yeah. Over a year in the making.

Stay tuned. Feel free to ask questions if you're confused.

xoxo, Scissorhands.