36.

Poe cheered as the final order fleet fell

Poe cheered as the final order fleet fell. They finally did it, the galaxy can finally begin to heal. He couldn't wait to celebrate with everyone. He couldn't wait to see Finn and congratulate him on leading a rebellion along side him. He couldn't wait to see chewie finally be able to get some rest knowing all his fighting wasn't for nothing. But most of all he couldn't wait to hold sage in his arms. With that last thought however Poe's face fell. He looked down to where he had last seen her and immediately began to fly down to the ground. As he landed he jumped out and ran through the temples open caverns running as fast as he could to try and get to her.

When he finally caught sight of her body laying lifeless on the ground he stopped in his tracks. He then slowly walked towards her as his heart began to shatter and his legs felt ten times heavier.

"Hey" he muttered as he reached her "no no no, sage!" he fell to the ground pulling her body into his arms as tears began to fall down his face "Sage!" He yelled out more intensely and grabbed her face in an attempt to wake her up but it was no use "your okay" he whispered more to himself as he moved her hair away from her face and stared down at her "please, stay with me!" He yelled out as he became hysterical "sage! Please" he dropped his head down to meet hers as he sat there crying with her in his arms

he suddenly heard a noise coming from the other side of the cavern. But He didn't even look up, he didn't care. Sage was gone nothing really matter to him in this moment.

Ben solo crept out of the dark and slowly made his way towards his cousin. He knew what he needed to do. He finally reached her and fell down to his knees in front of Poe who was practically cradling her.

Poe looked up with anger in his eyes "you did this"

Ben looked to his cousin. As he did his childhood flashed before his eyes, he saw everything the two had ever gone through. He smiled for a moment and looked up to Poe with sad eyes "I did.... So let me make it right"

Ben placed one hand on the back of her head and the other gripped her hand that laid on her stomach. He closed his eyes and began to try and give her his life force. As he did the cuts and bruises on her body began to fade away and the normal pink in her cheeks began to flush back to life. Sages eyes began to flutter open as she took in deep breathes.

Poes eyes widened as the girl began to come back to life before him. "Poe?" She said with a groggy voice. She slowly began to sit up "are you just gonna stare at me or-" sage didn't get to finish her sentence as Poe pulled her into a deep kiss. A kind of kiss that he had thought was lost forever.

When they pulled away they rested there for heads on one another's. "Don't do that to me" Poe said

"You and I know I'm far to reckless to make such a promise" sage smiled before she turned over and looked at her cousin "Ben!" Sage jumped at him giving him the biggest hug imaginable "I missed you"

"I'm sorry sage, I wish i would have been there for you sooner" he put one hand on her shoulder

"You here now, that's all that matters" the pair smiled at each other. however it didn't last long, for Ben began to fall back to the ground with sage now holding him in her arms "Ben?" His body then Disappeared into the force leaving only his black cloak behind. "Ben!" Sage yelled out

Suddenly the room began to shake as the temple was now falling apart

"Sage we gotta go" Poe said picking her up from the ground

"No!" Sage tried pulling away from his grasp. But it was no use, Poe wasn't gonna let her go, not this time. He pulled her all the way to his x-wing as she yelled out for her cousin. Poe got her in and took off towards batuu and off the planet that was now falling apart.

Sage was silent the whole way there.  She was trying to take in everything that had happened just within the past 24 hours. She thought about all the fighting and sacrifices that where made, she wondered if it was all worth it.

When they landed on batuu sage could see the rest of her resistance family celebrating.

As soon as Poe jumped out of the x wing Finn came running up to him embracing his best friend.  BB-8 rolled up to sage as she jumped out of the ship and looked out to the sea of celebrating fighters. She knelt down to the droid and smiled

"Missed you too buddy"

As she stood up she looked at Finn who gave her a smile as tears began to fall down his face. Sage ran over to the two men and gave them the tightest hug she could muster. Poe took sages hand as it rested on Finn's back. the three stood like that for a while just taking in the moment. They all cried happy tears into each other's embrace.

"I love you guys" sage said softly

In that moment she knew everything they had been through, everything the whole galaxy had been through. It was all worth it.