(25) THE CEMETERY OF SAINT IVES

Start from the beginning

"Bullshit!" I exclaim, out of my mind, "I don't even believe a single word you say!"

"Leah..."

"Leave!" I then yell, totally losing it. Lia's eyes start to get wet, as I continue on the same tone: "Go on! Leave! I don't wanna see you anymore!"

Knowing very well that I was too hurt to actually resonate, Lia nods, beaten, as silent tears start rolling down her cheeks. 

In an excess of rage, I grab by bad, throw her the back up keys of my appartement, before adding:

"I've got a train to catch: just put the keys in the mailbox once you're done crying."

With that said, I leave and join Ingrid on the train to Saint Ives...

***

INGRID

Everything was exactly as I remembered: the cute yet old streets made of cobblestone, the scents of lavender running through the thin yet cold air, or even the screams of careless children in the streets that we used to call ours - everything, every memory was all too clear inside Leah and I's heads at the moment. 

We arrived around 6 PM, immediately going at that cute little coffee shop we used to study at during high school, the three of us. The waitress immediately recognises us - after all, not many people get out of Saint Ives in one piece - and offers us coffee, as we sit down at the table with the view on the sea. 

While Leah stares into emptiness, lost in her thoughts, I feel my phone vibrating inside my pocket, and when I read the text message, I heart becomes heavy all of a sudden:

Frida Roflö: I heard you went back to your hometown. I hope you're okay, text me if you need anything.

I crack a smile against my will, as Leah had read the text upside down in secret, then commenting:

"Aw, someone seems to care about you, Ing... The hot journalist, isn't it?"

"Shut up" I just let out, rolling my eyes. As she was about to continue on that subject, I quickly add: "Oh my God, is that Ale's 'fake fiancé'?"

We both turn around and stare at the two women approaching slowly, hand in hand: our Alexia was harbouring a bright smile on her face, while the taller woman's infectious laughter come to our ears although we were meters away from them. When the Spanish spots us, she almost chokes with nothing, literally panicking, letting go of the woman's hand. The blonde, visibly confused, looks up and spots us, and for some reason I had the feeling that she knew who we were from what Alexia seemingly told her about us. 

Leah had her bitchy face on, ready to mess with Alexia. 

While the two women approach - and I gotta admit, they look really credible together, and even incredible - I just exclaim:

"Fancy setting you here, Putellas" 

The Spanish's face falls, as Leah rushes toward her, literally jumping into her arms, while I, on the other hand, slowly approach them, making sure to stare longly at the blonde woman so that she'd feel somewhat uncomfortable - yes, making people hesitant and uncomfortable is kind of my thing - although it doesn't seem to work quite well.

While hugging me and Leah at the same time, Alexia exclaims:

"What the hell are you two doing here? You didn't even warn me... (realising we're making fun of her - of course we didn't warn her, but that also meant she had no idea about the text messages from the unknown number... - she rolls her eyes, before adding:) Anyway, Leah, Ing, meet Shelina, my... colleague at MI6. Shelina, those are my unbearable friends."