ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ᴏɴᴇ

<ʜɪᴛ>- sᴇᴠᴇɴᴛᴇᴇɴ
__________________________

"ma'am, we need you to sign the documents so that we can operate on your son now" a nurse said as she handed a pen to a crying Gaeun.

With trembling hands, she cried as she signed the documents, and the nurse ran into the operating room, where Junseo was lying.

Feeling her legs weaken and herself falling to the ground, Gaeun broke down into tears and she looked through her phone for a number to call.

"Yulhee.." Gaeun gasped through tears as the younger's background was noisy.

"Unnie, I'll be there soon, we will be there soon OK?" Yulhee comforted as she pulled her luggage into the airport, jieun all trailing behind.

They were in a rush.

Gaeun took it as a hint to hang up the call as she broke down again.

Junseo was her precious baby.

She couldn't afford to lose him.

Just as when she was crying, trying her best to ignore the running of doctors and nurse in and out of the surgery room, a familiar scent engulfed her into a hug.

"It's be OK, I'm here now" the voice said.

_

Heeseung ran to the level where the surgery room was and saw Gaeun crying there. He felt his heart break as he saw her alone, unsure of the future.

Walking in front of her, he engulfed her into a hug, ignoring her bloodied clothes as he whispered.

"It's ok, I'm here"

Gaeun didn't move or stop crying.

She knew who he was.

"Junseo told me he was going to play.."

"I even told him to take care and look after himself."

"I failed as a mother" Gaeun whispered as Heeseung shook his head.

Suddenly, Gaeun stood up and push Heeseung.

"What are you doing here! You're not supposed to be here!" Gaeun suddenly said as tears clouded her eyes again as she attempted to push Heeseung out.

"Go out, go back" Gaeun cried as she kept pushing Heeseung who still wouldn't budge.

"You're not supposed to be here " Gaeun cried as Heeseung pulled her into his embrace again.

He didn't say anything until the doctor came out.

" Who is Lee Junseo's family member?" The doctor asked as Gaeun rushed to him, heeseung following behind.

"I'm his mother, how is his condition?" Gaeun asked as the doctor nodded.

"His condition is not very stable, he will be in the ICU for observation for a few days first." The doctor said as the nurses pulled an unconscious Junseo out of the room.

It was the first time Heeseung could see Junseo clearly.

He looked alot like him and Gaeun, as he lied peacefully on the hospital bed.

Seeing Gaeun make her way to the ICU, heeseung just followed behind.

Seeing Junseo through the windows, Gaeun sighed.

"5 years ago, I was also here " Gaeun said as Heeseung looked at her.

"When I gave birth to Junseo, it was a difficult delivery, I had entered the room myself and when Junseo came out, I lost too much blood." Gaeun explained as Heeseung looked at Gaeun with pain in his eyes.

Why couldn't you just tell me you were pregnant with my child?