The vet assistant calls Marli to the front explaining they need to let the golden retriever jump the line. Marli agrees without hesitation and the family is ushered to the back with their dog. It's not long after that Austin and her are called to the back too. Austin places Colt on the vet's table and when the vet pokes around Colt's hip he yelps in pain. The vet has some idea of what the problem might be but she wants to take x-rays to be sure. She sends Marli and Austin back to the waiting room as the whole process will probably take about an hour. When they get back to the waiting room they see the golden retriever's family back in the waiting room too and learn that their dog is going to be fine, he has a broken leg and is being prepped for a cast, but he will go home with the family today. Austin and Marli sit down, but Marli notices the little boy now staring at Austin with a puzzled look on his face. After some time he whispers something into his grandfather's ear. The grandfather looks at Austin but then shakes his head and goes back to reading his magazine, but the little boy keeps staring at Austin. After a while, he stands up and walks over gingerly to Austin. He stands bravely in front of Austin. "Hello, Mr. Post," he says. Marli has to work really hard to stifle a giggle while Austin sighs in defeat and starts taking off his hoodie and sunglasses. The rest of the waiting room goes still in revaluation.

"How did you guess it was me? I am in disguise."

"Pretty weak disguise if you ask me, sir," the little boy says and Marli can't hold back she lets go of her giggle. Clever kid. His family is now behind him and apologizing to Austin for the intrusion. "No, it's OK really. I don't mind," he says and his words seem to relax the boy's family a bit. "He is a huge fan of yours. We are even going to your show tomorrow night. As you can see, big fan," the boy's mother gestures to the little boy's attire. "What's your name, little man?" Austin asks leaning down to the boy's level. "Buffalo Bill," he says confidently and tips his hat as a real cowboy would. His mother groans. "His name is actually Zack, but he insists we call him Buffalo Bill, sorry," his mother says. Zack looks at his mom like she is crazy. "Buffalo Bill is a real cowboy name. Right grandpa?" Zack says and looks over at his grandfather. Zack's grandfather chuckles and agrees with his grandson. Austin agrees too and says he thinks Zack looks like a Buffalo Bill. They ask for photos, well all the people in the waiting room ask for photos and they chat a little about Austin's music and upcoming tour. After a while, everyone goes back to what they were doing.

Zack takes a seat next to Austin telling him about his favorite Austin Post songs and that he has them playing on repeat at home and in the car. He has posters in his room of Austin, Billy the Kid, Buffalo Bill, Calamity Joe and Anne Oakley on his wall. "Sounds like you wanna be a cowboy when you grow up," Austin says with a smile. "No, sir. I want to be my Dad when I grow up. He was a pick up rider in the rodeo. He was the best there ever was. He died two years ago. I got my Stetson from my Dad the Christmas before he died, it's a real one. Dad had specially made it just for me. I chose white because you wear white...my Dad wore white too. But one day I am going to get a black one too," Zack explains.

Zack goes on to explain that he got tickets to Austin's show for his 8th birthday, his birthday stands only in March but it's an early birthday present. Marli is watching the way Austin is so invested in Zack's stories, he is hanging on to every word. There are no cameras, and no marketing gimmicks - Austin's interaction with Zack is genuine. As Zack talks, Austin reaches out his hand and rests it on Marli's knee. Like he needs to anchor himself and Marli serves that purpose for him. Marli gets lost in Austin so easily, just one touch or word and she is right back at square one. Here in this very real moment with Austin, Marli lets go again. The walls she had been slowly building over these last few weeks crumble like fragile ruins in a raging sandstorm. She does not care that he said he has never been in love or that he has shunned her or even that he was punishing her. She will wait and she will give him whatever he wants whenever he asks.