Tonight however was an event like no other because once the sun had set the devils came out to play; in the form of a ball held at one of Italy's oldest châteauxs, an annual tradition which brought together some of the most powerful people on the planet. Various mafia bosses would be attendance as well as some of the richest and most powerful men and women on the planet, an opportunity for networking and deals to be made, protection to be offered, policies lifted and jobs to be dealt out. It was an affair that no one wanted to miss.

The châteauxs driveways were lit up by flame torches, two individual paths - one leading from the east and one from the west, illuminating the way up to the building which behind the luminosity of the moon looked stunning. It's yellow lights bright yet gentle and charming.

From the west a trail of four all black Aston Martins roared their way down the cobbled drive, an ocean view to the side of them and a mountains edge to the other. Maya was up front followed by Mason, then Andy and Vic and bookended by Travis and Jack, they looked like an army ready to march into battle.

At the exact same time on the east side path a similar scenario was playing out - four classic red Ferraris were driving through the twists and turns of the coast-side roads - Carina leading the pack, followed by Andrea, then Jackson and Gabriella and finally Giovanni and Isabella - the DeLuca siblings cousins.

As the two sets of cars neared their destination something seemed to shift in the atmosphere, it suddenly felt cold, despite the Italian warmth still lingering in the air. The four Aston martins finally reached the large circular driveway, the cobbled street design following through to meet the large set of stairs that led to the châteaux's front entrance.

They parked to the side of the large circular stone fountain that stapled the entryway - water spouting out from the top as people walked around, some of the world's most important diplomats, business leaders and investors all within each other's company. Just as Maya turned the car off, the roaring engine purring to a stop a set of red Ferraris parked in the same fashion on the opposite side. She knew exactly who they belonged to and a devilish smile tugged at her lips.

As Carina and the rest of her entourage parked up, she noticed the four black vehicles across from her, she rolled her eyes before switching the car off and stepped out.

The two sets of people formed in their respected formations, Maya and Carina leading, their brothers followed behind with their consiglieres beside them, the next three all behind in a row. It was a position of power and dominance, of strength and unity.

Everyone handed their keys in perfect synchronisation to the two suited valets and continued their way up the stairs, barely giving a glance to anyone else as people moved out of their way, their conversations quieting and their eyes widening in fear.

The main hall of the château had been completely transformed, chandeliers hanging from the ceiling, its diamond jewels refracting light onto the rounded ceilings. Two staircases bended into the room, a large entryway below it where people came and went as they pleased. Round tables filled out the back of the hall, the lights more dimmed and intimate as various people gathered around - mostly to discuss business deals and political agreements, some even being escorted into private backrooms for negotiations.

Maya led her squad through the entrance and felt several heads turn in their direction and a hush of whispers sound, even over the music playing. Whether it was down to their reputation or disconcerting presence they instantly commanded the attention of any room they walked into - this was no different.

Instead of entering through into the ballroom as Maya had done Carina took her team down into the depths of the château - it being of an Italian heritage meant she was particularly well acquainted with the venue and had requested a meeting with an oil distributor before she would officially make her presence known. Business first. Appearances second.