7 - The Homecoming Hangover

Start from the beginning

"You sure you wanna go?" Spencer asked.

"Yes."

"Then road trip to Philly." Spencer said.

...

"Can I play Taylor?" Katherine asked Spencer in the car. They were on the way to Philadelphia.

"Sure." Spencer said.

"Awesome." Katherine said, plugging her phone in and turning the volume up by about twenty. "Dear John, I see it all now that you're gone! Don't you think I was too young to be messed with? The girl in the dress, cried the whole way home!" Katherine sang along but more like yelled. "I hate John Mayor. I hate him more than I hate my dad and that says a lot. I mean, my dad left me and then made a whole new life for himself. The oldest kid, Becky Maybell, she's only four years younger than me. He obviously moved on in no time."

"Are you sure you want to do this?" Spencer yelled over the music.

"Yes. Now, back to Taylor." Katherine said and the two girls started singing.

They got to Philadelphia in no time. Katherine was growing more and more nervous as they went to the restaurant he posts his family at every morning.

They walked inside and got a booth.

"Do you see him yet?" Spencer asked.

"No, let's get some coffee and look while we drink." Katherine said and Spencer nodded. "Will you order it? I have to pee."

"Yeah." Spencer said.

Katherine thanked her and walked into the restroom, while she was washing her hands another woman walked in.

"I love your shirt." The woman said.

"Thanks, a friend got it for me." Katherine said, looking up. But once she did, she regretted it. "Bailey Maybell?"

"How do you know my name?" Bailey asked, laughing nervously.

Katherine just got a paper towel wet and threw it at the older woman and walked out of the restroom.

"I just met Mrs. Maybell." Katherine said bitterly, sliding into the booth that had her coffee waiting.

"She's looking over here. She looks pissed. Did you do something?" Spencer said.

"Nothing important." Katherine said.

Suddenly, a tall man with brown, curly hair and eyes matching Katherine's walked over to their booth.

"Hi, girls. I don't mean to intrude but my wife said something about one of you assaulting her in the restroom a few minutes ago." He said.

"It was a paper towel. Tell her to get the fuck over it." Katherine said coldly.

"Now, I don't know what you think she did but I think she deserves an apology. It was uncalled for." He said.

"Like how it was uncalled for, for you to just pack up your shit in the middle of the night and leave?" Katherine said, confusing the man.

"I'm sorry, what?" He asked.

"You heard me. You're gonna tell me that you can't even recognize your own daughter. Heard you got a new family. Are they better than me? Better than mom? Oh, wait. I forgot. You never even got to know me." Katherine said, glaring at the man who had left her all those years ago.

"Katherine? How did you find me?" He asked.

"She doesn't even get an apology? You walked out. You left her fatherless. But you're more worried about how she found you? What the hell is wrong with you?" Spencer said.