The Christmas Invasion pt. 3

Start from the beginning

"How dare-" the Sycorax began before the Doctor took a club out of another Sycorax's hand and broke it across his knee. "You just can't get the staff. Now, you, just wait. I'm busy." he pointed to the leader before turning to Mickey with a smile ear to ear across his face. "Mickey, hello!" he turned his head to Harriet. "And Harriet Jones MP for Flydale North. Blimey, it's like This Is Your Life."

"Tea! That's all I needed, a good cup of tea! Superheated infusion of free radicals and tannin. Just the thing for healing the synapses." he walked over to Rose and Juno. "Now, first thing's first. Be honest, how do I look?" he asked. "Er, different." Rose answered. The Doctor turned to Juno, "Good different or bad different?" he questioned. "Good different?" Juno shrugged. "Am I... ginger?"

"No, you're just sort of brown."

"Aw... I wanted to be ginger. I've never been ginger." he whined, but turned back quickly. "And you, Rose Tyler, fat lot of good you were. You gave up on me." he frowned. "Oh, that's rude. That's the sort of man I am now, am I? Rude. Rude and not ginger."

"I'm sorry. Who is this?"

"I'm the Doctor."

"He's the Doctor."

"But what happened to my Doctor? Or is it a title that's just passed on?"

"I'm him. I'm literally him. Same man, new face. Well, new everything." he walked up to Harriet. "But you can't be." she squinted. "Harriet Jones, we were trapped in Downing Street and the one thing that scared you wasn't the aliens, it wasn't the war, it was the thought of your mother being on her own."

"Oh, my God."

"Did you win the election?" the Doctor asked. "Landslide majority." she grinned. "If I might interrupt." the sycorax said. The Doctor turned, "Yes, sorry. Hello, big fellow."

"Who exactly are you?" the Sycorax asked. "Well, that's the question." the Doctor gave a goofy smile. "I demand to know who you are!" the Sycorax yelled, "I don't know!" the Doctor yelled back. He turned to us, "See, there's the thing. I'm the Doctor, but beyond that, I just don't know. I literally do not know who I am. It's all untested."

"Am I funny? Am I sarcastic?" he turned to me and Rose, "Sexy?" he spun around, "Right old misery? Life and soul? Right handed? Left handed? A gambler? A fighter? A coward? A traitor? A liar? A nervous wreck?" He then focused his attention on the Sycorax, "I mean, judging by the evidence, I've certainly got a gob." A red button at the other side of the room caught the Doctor's eye. "And how am I going to react when I see this, a great big threatening button."

He ran over to it, standing above with a hand over the button. "A great big threatening button which must not be pressed under any circumstances, am I right? Let me guess. It's some sort of control matrix, hmm? Hold on, what's feeding it?" The Doctor opened the stand underneath the button. "And what've we got here? Blood?" he licked the liquid, "Yeah, definitely blood. Human blood. A Positive, with just a dash of iron."

"Ah, but that means blood control. Blood control! Oh, I haven't seen blood control for years. You're controlling all the A Positives. Which leaves us with a great big stinking problem." he looked over to me and Rose, "Because I really don't know who I am. I don't know when to stop. So if I see a great big threatening button which should never, ever, ever be pressed, then I just want to do this." he slammed his hand on the button.

"No!"

Meanwhile on the roofs, the blood controlled people took a step forward, leaving the unaffected people at a standstill. The blue energy flickered for a brief second around the blood controlled people before they looked around in confusion.