The Christmas Invasion

Start from the beginning

"A month or so. First of all, he starts delivering to the door and I thought, that's a odd. Next thing you know, it's a bag of oranges-"

"Is that Harriet Jones?" Rose asked as she went into the living room. "Oh, never mind me." Jackie rolled her eyes. "Why would she be on the telly?" Juno questioned, sitting down on the sofa. "She's Prime Minister now. I'm eighteen quid a week better off. They're calling it Britain's Golden Age. I keep on saying my Rose has met her." Jackie answered.

"They did more than that. Stopped bloody World War Three with her. Harriet Jones." Juno grinned. On the telly, a man spoke, "Prime Minister, what about those calling the Guinevere One Space Probe a waste of money?"

"Now, that's where you're wrong. I completely disagree if you don't mind. The Guinevere One Space Probe represents this country's limitless ambition. British workmanship sailing up there among the stars." Harriet answered. "This is the spirit of Christmas, birth and rejoicing, and the dawn of a new age, and that is what we're achieving fifteen million miles away. Our very own miracle."

"The unmanned probe Guinevere One is about to make it's final descent. Photographs of the Martian Landscape should be received by midnight tonight."

A while later, Mickey, Rose, and Juno were out in the streets. A brass band dressed in Santa costumes played the tune of God Rest Ye Merry, Gentlemen. "So what do you need? Twenty quid?" Mickey asked. "Do you mind? I'll pay you back." Rose answered. "Call it a Christmas present." Mickey grinned. "God I'm all out of synch." Rose complained. "Ah, you too? You know Mickey, you just forget about Christmas and other holidays in the Tardis. They don't really exist. It's sort of timeless in there." Juno explained.

"Oh, yeah, that's fascinating, because I love hearing stories about the Tardis. Oh, go on you two, tell us another one because I swear I could listen to it all day. Tardis this, Tardis that." Mickey nagged.

" Oh, shut up." Rose hit his shoulder. "Oh, and one time the Tardis landed in a big yellow garden full of balloons." Mickey teased. "We aren't like that Mickey!" Juno laughed. "Oh, you so are."

"Mmm, must drive you mad. I'm surprised you don't give up on me." Rose hummed. "Oh, that's the thing, isn't it? You can rely on me. I don't go changing my face." Mickey said proudly. "Yeah. What if he's dying?" Rose turned to Juno. "Rose, he'll be fine. He's the Doctor." Juno reassured. "Just let it be Christmas. Can you do that? Just for a bit. You and me and Christmas. No Doctor, no bog monsters, no life or death." Mickey complained.

"Okay."

"Promise?"

"Yes!"

"Juno, promise?"

"Oh, fine."

"Right! What're you going to get for your mum? I'm round there all the time now, you know. She does my dinner on a Sunday, talks about you all afternoon, yap yap yap." Mickey went on as the trio walked passed the band. Rose and Juno turned to see the band had been following them. The band stops playing and one of the trombone players fires a flame out of their instrument starting a panic.

"It's us! They're after us!" Rose whisper yelled as she and the other two ducked behind a stall. The tuba player fires a blast, which caused a large tree to topple over where the trio was. They flee, "What's going on? What've we done? Why are they after us?" he asked the girls. "Taxi!" Rose called. A taxi pulled over.

"They've got to be after the Doctor." Juno said. "I can't even go shopping with you. We get attacked by a brass band." Mickey looked over to Rose, who was on the mobile. "Who're you phoning?" he asked. "My mum."

In the flat, Jackie was already on the phone with a friend. "She turns up, no warning. I've got nothing in. I said, Rose, if you want a Christmas dinner of meat paste, then so be it." she vented.