Thirty one

Aro was waiting for a decision and he wasn't a very patient man. Asher was waiting for protests from the family he had here, but he knew Edward was going to be all for it and Alice would agree even if there were better options and well bella was fighting for her life that she still wants. 

So Asher was going to fight, "You can't expect me to just say yes at a drop of the hat? You just went through my mind and literally see I was proposed to just last night and you want me to come join you? And you know I want my sister to live so there's no chance for me to even refuse if that means she can breath another day, if you're insane than I must be madder than the mad hatter."

"Asher, you can't do this for me," the girl whispered in heart break, "Aro! What if I become immortal in a years time? Will that be enough?" 

"I can't change the deal young Bella," Aro states, not leaving any room to budge. She hated this, she wants Asher around. To get married! See her get married! Watch their dad grow older and live this happy life, but now he can't because she needs him to save her skin again. That's what he will always do for her no matter the consequences, he's her knight in shining armor and no one else will be. 

"Bells, I can't just let you die when you're still so young," he whispers. The fight in him draining since there was no way out for a long time, so he just walks to her to giver her a tight hug before walking to Aro who was grinning in delight. Aro had one something the Cullens deemed precious in just minutes to a deal to save a puny human. 

And the sickest part of all of this, Edward knew she was being damned to this eternal hell. 

That was the part Aro wouldn't say because that would sway Ashers thinking. Aro had agreed to her demands but only Edward knew and it wasn't going to get Asher out of being apart of the guard. It was sick and twisted, Edward knows, but Bella is always going to be top priority in his family so Emmett was going to have to get over it. 

"I'm glad that everyone gets to live another day and we have a new member to my lovely guard," Aro speaks with delight, "Now you three may leave, send our best wishes to Carlisle." 

Escorted by Dimitri, Asher lifeline had walked out with the rest of his sanity. Probably the worst thing that came to his mind was he didn't get to say goodbye or even the words "I do." If he were still alive he'd be sobbing on the floor, but all he had was able to do was have eyefuls of venom that will never be shed. Glassy eyed spiral to insanity, that what he's destined for and with that he becomes so much easier to be a pawn to Aro. That's exactly what Aro wanted, stripping everything so Asher can be that monster he loves to create. 

"That was such a delightful visit, don't you agree brothers?" Aro speaks fondly. 

"Sure, just be sure he understands all the rules and behaves," Marcus speaks with no energy to be around this longer than need be. 

"Of course, Jane and Alec will see to it, now everyone may go," Aro dismisses. It was going to be dinner time soon enough and knew Asher still needed to adjust a little bit, but he knew that feeding would be an issue for the vegetarian. For now, they were going to rest in their chambers. Sure that wasn't a thing they really needed, but time to unwind was needed after an eventful day. 

~

We were back in the states, Bella was dropped off and ready to be grounded for a life time. Alice and Edward were stuck with breaking the news, they were not prepared for talking about it. But there was going to be no avoiding why they were one person short, especially when it was the most important person in the world to their brother. 

Edward wasn't going to regret this decision ever, he had already made up his mind. If Bella can have at least some more time then it's better than nothing. 

Alice on the other hand was heartbroken by her actions, not standing in to save both the Swans? She couldn't believe herself, she was the one who made everything right but when they needed it most she froze and couldn't say a word. She was going to be the one hearting Emmett the most, after all she had done for him she couldn't do this one thing. 

"Edward, I can't go in there without him," she whispered. 

"Alice, you have too. There's nothing we can do now besides wait for them to show up if anything happens," he reasons. 

"Easy enough for you to say," she grumbles before finally getting out of the car and dreading the steps up to their family house that was busy on the inside. 

Esme was so excited to see the three, with Alice being out of town for a few days, Edward living in Brazil, and Asher being in forks and the uk she couldn't wait for her family to be complete again. So it was such a shock for her to only hear two pairs of steps instead of three, maybe they dropped Asher off at his house? Surely he wouldn't be there because he had to see them and Emmett, so she would just wait for the explanation. When the door opened she rushed to greet them with bone crushing hugs and motherly kisses. 

"Gosh, it's so amazing you're all home! I was so worried, Emmett told us what was going on," she explained while the rest of the family gathered in the foyer. 

"Oh yeah everything went pretty well, Bella was saved once again and Edward didn't die!" Alice chirped.

"Thats great or whatever, but how's Asher?" Rosalie asks, she knew something was off with Alice and him just not coming home with them was too weird. 

"Well about that, we should all sit down for this," Edward spoke in a calm voice. They all made their way to the living room, not knowing their lives were going to change forever. "I'm just going to come out and say it, Asher joined the Volturi guard."